Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Retak sana retak sini

I now live in fear. Fear for my own safety and fear for my much beloved crib. Last Monday, my kitchen-facing neighbour (the new friendly ones) called me and told me that there’s crack all over near her unit. The week before she heard a loud bang, pretty loud ones coz those in maintenance office and cleaners downstairs could hear it too. They can’t detect where the sound came from but this neighbour (I can’t really remember what happened la but it involves the husband, checking all around the house and stuff la) found few cracks and off she went to report on it.

For 2 consecutive days (Thursday and Friday) peoples flocked our level (there’s only 4 units in my level) and yes they found some disturbing crack. They told her if the cracks were to become more than it is now, she might need to moved out. And they also told her that horizontal cracks are still ok but not vertical cracks. Horizontal cracks can be dangerous. She also learned from the cleaners that both lake-facing blocks (A & F) are sinking a bit. How scary huh.

She told me to check my house and see if there’s any crack. So I did and to my horror, there’s a lot of crack in my unit and it’s vertical. And mind you it’s not just hairline crack ok. Oh my….

I love my house so much. Not only I spend so much money and energy on it, I grew with it (the changes it makes me; becoming more brave and independent, discovering new things like cooking and stuff) and I just love the view. No other apartment can give me the same view; of the nice lake, lush greenery, new building (still under construction), PICC and everything la. Only those who have seen it will know how pretty the views are.

But my safety and my life is the utmost important. I’ll make a report today and see la how’s things goes after this. Hopefully there’s nothing serious that they can’t fix. Oh this morning after throwing the rubbish, instead of the normal using the lift I climb the stairs. And guess what, bigger and scarier cracks can bee seen on both level; basement and ground floor. Oh my….

I’m wondering, after all the earthquake and that loud bang, doesn’t this people bother to at least check all around the building and see if there’s any danger it might posed to the residents. Or at least gave some notification to the resident to check on their unit. Malaysian with its’ tak pe attitude is really disturbing la. We never take precaution. It’s always the knee-jerk reaction and yet we never learn. We rather wait and let people died first before we act. How sad huh….

Ya Allah, lindungilah kami penghuni 18R8 dari sebarang mara bahaya, mala petaka dan bala bencana baik yang diakibatkan dari kecuaian kami sendiri ataupun kecuaian orang lain. Hanya kepada Mu lah tempat untuk kami memohon pelindungan Ya Allah. Amin.

Behind the front door

On the ceiling just above the front door

On the ceiling just few steps from front door

On the ceiling above the kitchen door

Above the kichen entrance; it's big and deep

On the ceiling in between master bedroom and guest room 1

On the ceiling above the master bedroom door

From ceiling right down the wall in masterbedroom, just beside the bed
On the wall above the guest room 2 door

No comments: