Friday, December 26, 2008

Tazkirah Jumaat

I’ve seen mostly everyone (muslim) wishing “Merry Christmas” to the Christian. I never did and never will. For long before (when I was still in school), I read somewhere that wishing for other religion celebration is haram. Especially the celebration on religion related thing like Christmas and Deepavali. As for CNY, it is ok for the celebration is cultural based.

Wishing “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Deepavali” is like giving recognition on that religion when truth is Islam the one and only religion that we should believe in.

Some might say its ok, just for fun and all that. But we’re talking on aqidah. There’s no-nonsense when dealing with aqidah for it’s the backbone of Islam. Ignorance is bliss but how blissful can we be on the day when all our wrongdoings are shown and it’s just a matter of time before we get our punishment.

I’m just sharing what little knowledge that I have on this Friday morning. Renung-renungkan dan selamat beramal.

No comments: