Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I love DIY

Yeay I did it. The furniture arrived yesterday. I was supposed to attend a KMK thingy at PD today till Friday. And then the plan to go home with Bang Long and Eman on weekend. And went back to PD from Monday till Wednesday for some asset matter. Thus I planned to do the sofa only after I came back from PD the second time. But thanks to my immediate boss, I was excused from going the KMK ones. So after work yesterday I did the 1st one.

The sofa should be assembled by 2 people but I don’t have 2 people, I have myself only. So I utilized all my 4 arms and feet. One hand to hold the board, a foot to hold the screw and another hand to tighten the screws. It took me nearly one hour and all my energy. If there’s a helper, I think I’ll manage in 15 minutes. It’s so easy but having to do it myself, I have hard time adjusting the screws.

Anyway, I’ll do the 2nd one today. As for the bed frame, I’ll do it only when I have bought the mattress and that one will need someone to help for its’ really heavy. I wonder how many lorries would I need once I moved out. Hehehe…

Each sofa comes in 2 boxes

The 1st box

The leg, the screws and the tightener

Everything inside the 1st box

The instruction (see that picture of 2 people? I'm so proud of myself ok)

The leg, the screws and the cover

In the 2nd box

Joined the back and the seater

A screw that drained all my energy

This one is quite tough too for I need to insert the armrest with screw and insert it at 4 specified holes

Walla! Now I need to put the leg only

Almost ready

Horey! The finished product. Clap-clap

I'll put the 2nd ones at the other side

Managed to scratch my hand in the process

2 comments:

swit@kon said...

clap clap...
cantek la...
eh bila nak jemput makan2 ni

Eny Yusof said...

Makan-makan? Memang dah plan pun. Dah lama aku nak ajak ko, um and min tapi tak sempat nak planning lagi. Nak masak kat umah aku or nak buat pot luck huh? Mana satu best?

Kalo buat next week ok tak?