Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Craziest birthday ever

I was born 33 years ago on todays date at 7.45am. No wonder I'm a morning person kan. 33 sounded like pretty old age but how come I didn't feel like I am that old huh? I know...I know... age is just a number but biologically, the clock is tickling kan. Although I look way too young for my real age (ehem....) but I know in reality, my body is aging. Hence all the sakit sini sakit sana. Hahaha......

Today supposed to be a special day for me so I dressed up nicely to work. Even put some light make up. Received numerous compliment over my look today. Hehehe..... Actually nothing much different pun just that I wore kurung moden. Something I never did before. Well except that one time during one of the official dinner event. Kepada yang memuji tu, mucho gusto gracias. Thanks so much. You all really bright up my day. Ceria dan berbunga-bunga je hati bila kena puji. Biasalah pompuan kan. Hehehe.....

Then came that call from Mak at 8.55am. I thought it would be just like the normal birthday call from her wishing me with all her doa. It did but with something afterward; she told me that she's at the hospital waiting for Abah. Abah met with an accident while on the way sending Akak to school. Masya Allah. Abah suffered some luka-luka kat tangan dan kaki and he's been complaining that his rib is in pain too. Now that is something to really be worried about.

I am at my busiest time ever writing up the 5 compulsory reports and still halfway to be done. I feel so bad because even at this critical time, I still think about my work. Such a bad daughter huh. I only told Cik Yanti about it. Then I kept myself busy trying to finish the write up. In between the writing, I guess I had hundreds call in and out today.

Outgoing call : Hello En W. Nak tanya pasal....... Oh ok nanti call saya balik ye.
Outgoing call : Hello R. Eh jadual yang you submit tu kan.....bla....bla....
Outgoing call : Mak. Abah macam mana? Bla....bla....
Incoming call : Bahagian P...... Ye saya. Oh ye pasal......... Ok nanti saya canfirmkan balik.
Incoming call : Entah la. Abah belum jumpa doktor lagi. Bla.....bla.....
Outgoing call : Hello tadi saya ada call.......
Incoming call : Bahagian P....bla...bla.....

Banyak gila call ok sampai dah tersasul-sasul sebut nama agensi semua. Sambil jawab call sambil menaip. Sambil jawab telefon, sambil menaip sambil tekan-tekan calculator. Telefon office, handphone, orang masuk bilik, eh memang busy la sangat hari ni. And in between sempat la thanking all for the well wishes that keep pouring in. I ni can very superb in multitasking. Hahaha.......

But seriously, I feel so bad for putting my work first. I'm not a good worker. In fact far from it tapi I memang agak berat hati kalau nak suruh orang buat kerja I especially something like doing papers semua ni. So I try jugak lah pulun siapkan all the papers. After lunch, 2 papers are done. 2 needed 1% more info and 1 is 0% in progress. But that last one is the least important one and memang selalu the last one yang I akan buat. So after discussing with my immediate boss yang superb itu, he said he'll do it. Alhamdulillah. Rasa bersalah sangat tapi I have no choice.

Bila tengok all the papers almost done barulah I call Bang Long and said ok to go back to Kuantan. Terasa diri ini sangat keji. Mudah-mudahan diampunkan lah dosa I kerana berbelah-bagi in between going back to see my dad and finishing my work. How to say eh. Kalau kerja tak urgent I tak kisah sangat. In fact pagi lagi I dah cabut. Tapi bila benda-benda penting as in writing papers memang agak berat hati nak serah kat orang. So telan je lah rasa berdosa tu. And Alhamdulillah semuanya dipermudahkan. Papers hampir siap, boss tolong siapkan mana yang patut and boleh balik tengok Abah.

All the birthday treat whatsoever adalah tidak terlintas langsung dah dalam kepala ni. Memang focus gila on kerja and calling Mak for updates. Phewww.... Seriously this is the craziest birthday ever. After years og being away on my birthday, tonight I'm home. Walaupun the focus is on Abah health tapi entah la. Best je rasa birthday kat rumah walaupun tak de buat apa pun. Hehehe....

Anyway, I'm taking this opportunity to thank everyone for the well wishes and thoughtful prayer. Alhamdulillah. I feel blessed and loved by many. You all really bright up my day despite all what happen. Mudah-mudahan dimakbulkan lah segala doa kalian. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

4 comments:

mamamya said...

happy birthday eny!

semoga sihat selalu, murah rezeki, dan cepat2 dapat jodoh yang baik ya..aminn.. =)

ki said...

haah.. aku pun nak cakap semalam you look different.
anyway, hope all is well for your abah. take care.

Eny Yusof said...

Lin,

Thanks. Amin. Mudah-mudahan dimakbulkan doa itu. Insya Allah.

Eny Yusof said...

Klynn,

Oh u did noticed eh. Haha. Thanks for the brownies and cookies. And thanks for the thought. Hopefully my Abah akan cepat sembuh. Amin.