Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Home = foods, laugh, shopping

If only I’m still on holiday today. Sigh…. I had so much fun during the weekend. Laughing non-stop that my eyes watered. Hoh what a crazily funny siblings I have.

On Friday night, I left my place around 10pm plus and after some trouble with the tyre pressure machine, I reached Eman’s place around 11pm plus. I was so sleepy that I had hard times focusing myself during the short trip. Alhamdulillah the traffic went smooth. We had to stop at Temerloh R&R because Eman was so sleepy too. I guess we fall asleep around 1 hour before we continue with the journey.

Like before, knowing that we’re coming home, my younger siblings would wait for us to arrive. Ayum called asking for our location after waiting for so long. We’re still in KL that time so told him that we might arrive just in time for sahur. Little did I know that we did arrive during sahur time. I had difficulties to sleep back after sahur but when I did, I only wake up around 11am. Tsks… tsk…

I went to East Coast Mall around 4pm; Dik Man tagged along. It was supposed to be a groceries shopping but we ended buying few raya clothing; 2 shirts and a jeans each. Plus the groceries shopping at Carrefour, we managed to settle everything within 2 hours ok. We reached home just in time for iftar; in which Mak cooked ikan terubuk baker with special sambal and fried cempedak. Later at night Mak cooked another meal; a tom yam.

On Sunday I went to East Coast Mall again but this time with Ayum, Akak, Siti, Jannah and Dik Man. We had so much fun choosing clothes then; everyone went into the fitting room and give ridiculous comment, not on the clothes itself but on something else. Hehehe…. Unfortunately I didn’t bring my camera along. We went to the bazaar later on but the popia stall was closed so we end up buying lots of different kuih but almost 80% of it ended in the rubbish bin instead.

As for iftar, Mak cooked tom yam (again because everyone insisted on it) and some special sambal ikan. (Oh my I’m drooling over it now). For desert we had trifle pudding (made by me) and bubur gandum. I was teased by everyone coz I’ve told them that back in my own home, I don’t ate much but here at home they saw me eating right till isya’ time. There goes all my diet whatsoever.

Yesterday we left home taking with us all kind of foodstuff; chicken curries, fried chicken, sambal ikan bilis and not forgetting some raw stuff like onions, ginger, taucu paste whatsoever. We left home around 4pm and the traffic went smooth right till the Genting Sempah tunnel where we’re stuck in massive traffic jam right till the Gombak toll. We ended up having iftar in the car with only dates and plain water.

Managed to reach home around 8.30pm and had proper meal around 9.00pm. Huhu… I want to go home…. Eating alone is not fun at all and Mak’s cooking is way much better.

1 comment:

Mursapap said...

Nothing beats mom cooking eh..