Monday, September 07, 2009

Hosting an iftar session

Phew… I had a full and tiring weekend but with a blast. As requested by few friends, I managed to host an iftar session on Saturday. There were supposed to be around 9 guests but only 5 turned up; Sal, Lin, Yus, Nasrol and Nora. Lin had to leave early coz her parents came all the way from Ipoh so I packed the food for her; token for a diligent assistant cook.

My weekend started as early as 4.45am on Saturday. Wake up for sahur, did the laundry, wash the guest bathroom and clean the kitchen. Now who would wash a bathroom as early as 5.30am; except me huh. Went back to sleep by 7am and wake up for real at 9am. I started with sweeping and mopping the floor, tidying here and there, wash the master bathroom and I’m finally done by noon. I went out after Zohor to fill up the fuel, took some cash, paid my credit card and bank-in some money. Reached home around 3pm and immediately kick off with the cooking.

I managed to cook tom yam, udang masak lemak and ikan pari bakar. Someone was supposed to make a desert but something went wrong thus spoiling the mood of that someone too. I noticed the sour faced ok. Haha..

While I was busy at work, they had fun with photo shoot. Not fair ok because no one took my photos. Huh! Anyway, everything went smoothly; Alhamdulillah the taste was ok because it’s my 1st attempt cooking udang masak lemak and tom yam in bigger scale. My 1st tom yam was on Friday; had to practice first ok. Hehe… One thing that hampers my excitement was the amount of tom yam leftovers. As I said it’s my 1st attempt cooking in large scale so I don’t know how to budget the ingredients.

To everyone who came, thanks and I hope you enjoyed the food. Next time we’ll do it again eh.

Wah wah... kenapa begitu banyak gambar kamu ini? Modelling kah? To those yang tak kenal lagi, ini lah Yusri si mamat jambu. Hahaha...

Assistant cook yang comei. Thanks for helping me. Later we cook more eh

Nora the saviour; by bringing the much needed aluminum foil. Thanks eh

Controvercial couples; please refer here

Oh mak tak rela nyah. Jangan kau tengok dada mak yang tak berbra ini. Hahaha

Dalam banyak-banyak keje si tukang masak ni buat, ini aje yang korang snap. Huh tak aci btoi. Dah le pakai kamera si tukang masak ni

The food spread; sambal goreng ikan bilis, tom yam, udang masak lemak, ikan pari bakar, samosa, grapes, air laici and mangga

Si tukang makan, Sal tak de sebab jadi tukang amik gambar

3 comments:

nazat said...

hahaha..ruginyer x dapat join kome makan..next time wat lagik yok! aku rela jer jadik asistant si tukang masak yang terel itteww...!!

Eny Yusof said...

Adakah itu satu pujian. Awww mak vangga nyah. Hahaha...

Iye kau akan jadi ahli persidangan yang tetap wokeh.

didi said...

waaaa!!!!!

tamau kawan macam ni

tak ajak pon!!!

(eh, weekend kan aku balik shah alam)

erm, takpelah

kawan balik :)