Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wake up call

I was tossing on my bed when the phone rings. It was 4.04am (looking at the phone clock) and Mak’s number appeared. I answered the calls and heard Ayum’s voice.

Ayum: Kak Ngah, Mak suruh bangun. Semayang-semayang. Malam ni malam Lailatul Qadar.

Me: Huh? Eh bukan malam ni malam genap ke?

Ayum: Tak la. Mak dah kaji-kaji. Malam ni malam Lailatul Qadar.

Me: Hmmm ok.

And I continued sleeping after that. Argh I’m losing to a 10 year old kid. Shame only….

This boy I tell you, started fasting at the tender age of 4 or 5 and that first time, he only missed 2 days only and completed the whole month every year after that. While me, started fasting at the age of 7 and the only year I fast for the whole month was at the age 10. I don’t fast when I don’t take my sahur and sometimes when I can’t stand the thirst, I would hide and drink. Hehehe… shame only…

No comments: