Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I'm weird, I'm senstive but I mean business ok (ceh!)

I still can’t understand why people like to add the word "duh/dowh/doh" (not sure how to spell it) and "s**l" at the end of their sentence. I’ll be insulted if you did that to me for I would take it as you are referring to me as "bodoh" (short form = "duh/dowh/duh") or even worse, "s**l".

My BM is as worse as my English but at least I can differentiate the meaning based on your tones. For example, let us look at this sentence (ceh sounded like a language teacher already);

Kau makan pisang monyet.

It doesn’t’ mean anything right. Let us add some punctuation, a coma (,) and a question mark (?) and see how the meaning change.

Kau, makan pisang monyet?

You eat the monkey’s banana? (Couldn’t believe that the friend eat monkey’s banana; maybe because it’s weird, it’s dirty whatsoever)

Kau makan pisang, monyet.

You’re eating the banana, huh. (Talking to a monkey)

Kau makan, pisang monyet?

Do you eat Pisang Monyet? (Pisang Monyet in here refers to type of banana like the Pisang Emas, Pisang Tanduk etc)

I’m not sure whether my usage of punctuation in the above sentence is correct (I’ve told you that my grammar is bad ok) but I hope you’ll just get what I mean.

So, imagine how I felt when people talk to me like this;

Someone was late and the replied I got when confronting that someone:-

Motor aku rosak, s**l.

Ok what is the relation between your broken vehicles and me being "s**l"?

If you just have to use the word "s**l" in your daily conversation, you can always rephrase it like this;

S**l betullah. Motor aku rosak. (I am in no way saying I approved the cursing habit ok)

At least I know that you’re not cursing/accusing me as "s**l" ok.

Ok next sentence.

Sedap doh.
Or
Sakit doh.
Or
Senang doh.
Or
Whatever doh.

I took that "doh" word as the short form of "bodoh" no matter what ok. Don’t try to explain to me. Period.

So I can’t understand what is the relation of whatever you feel (excited, sad, angry and whatnot) and me being a stupid.

The food is tasty and I’m stupid.

You’re in pain and I’m stupid.

The stuff is easy peasy and I’m stupid.

For my sake, can you please change that "doh/dowh/duh" to some other word like "weh"
or whatever or just drop the word because seriously, it doesn’t mean anything.

Sedap weh or sedap. Ok I know it’s tasty.

Sakit weh or sakit la. Yes I can see that you’re in pain.

Get it? Get it? I know I’m just weird but that’s how I felt all this while. Phew….. glad that I put this here. So you (yes I’m talking to you who read this no matter who you are) please make sure that you don’t use the word when talking to me ok.

Thank you.

1 comment:

didi said...

Hihi..

Tak pernah aku terfikir benda ni.
Bila org cakap 'dowh', tak pernah pulak aku interprate sebagai aku bodoh.

Ye, mungkin aku terlalu sensitip.

Atau lebih betul, kau terlalu memikirkannya.

Hehe