Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Laughing stock

Because of this incident, I am now the official laughing stock of my family especially Akak and Ayum, my 2 youngest siblings. They can’t talk about it without laughing hysterically and Mak too ok. When I reached home that day, I immediately called my parents to tell them about it but it was Ayum who pick up the phone.

Hearing my story, he said, “Kak Ngah, Kak Ngah. Kenapa la asyik terperangkap aje” (by referring to this incident).

We (me and family) spoke on the phone almost daily and during this fasting month, few times in a day. So the other day, we were talking after iftar. They were inside Mak’s room and Ayum was performing his Maghrib prayer when Akak took the phone from Mak and said,”Kesian Kak Ngah…”. She didn’t finish her sentence yet when I heard everyone laughing hysterically. Apparently Ayum who was praying can’t control himself when hearing that and despite controlling himself from smiling, he then laughed too. He was so pissed off at Akak and the second time he pray, he still can’t control the laugh so he then went to perform his prayer outside.

Then yesterday right before iftar when they called, they were both teasing me on that incident again and this time using the advert on football mania not so long ago.

“Orang lain tido bola, makan bola, mandi bola, Kak Ngah tido lif, makan lif, mandi lif”

“Hai Kak Ngah, tak berbuka dalam lif ke hari ni?”

Mak was laughing non-stop too. Aiyoo… I don’t know what will happen this weekend when I’m home. Luckily all the man with laser-beam mouth is not home so the teasing would be very minimal.

Finally I told Mak that hunger have turned all her children (referring to Akak and Ayum) to become crazy, “Mak tolong, anak-anak Mak ni semua dah gila sebab kelaparan” Hahaha… I can still hear their laugh when Mak put down the phone.

No comments: