Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pulau Banggi Pt.1

I was so excited to update on this but due to that “incident” I’ve to wait till now. But let just forget about that coz the trip to Pulau Banggi was really amazing ok and I don’t want that not-supposed-to-happen-incident to kill off the eagerness I have in me.

All this while I heard about Pulau Banggi from Yus coz it was her project; of setting up an agropolitan project there. So when offered to go there to set up the protocol stuff for the minister official visit, I just can’t described the eagerness in me.

To reach Pulau Banggi, we flew to Kota Kinabalu from KLIA and it took roughly 2 hour and 45 minutes. We board the 12pm flight and touchdown around 2.45pm. Waiting for our arrivals were van chartered by Felcra, the host. We were lucky to have a Mercedes van because the road was quite bad. Those who reached there via the morning flight were given a Kia van and when driving along the bad road, it’s not as comfortable as the one we used.

We left the airport around 3.15pm and only reach Kudat around 7.30pm. We stop twice; for lunch and praying. The road was quite bad but having Yus, Lin, Nasrol and Effi around really cheer up the journey. We were laughing all the way. We were joined by En. Zul and Mimi; husband and daughter of one of the big boss in the ministry. At Kudat, we stayed at Kudat Marina and Golf Resort.

5th August is Yus 30th birthday so we celebrated it that night by having a simple dinner at one of the restaurant. I ate a small chunk of squid and it caused one of the wires to cut off and I guess I’ve swallowed it together with the squid. Really scares me a bit ok. Hehehe…

There were 10 people altogether and we were divided into 2 team for there were 2 big event; at Pulau Banggi and Kota Marudu. Lokman, Nasrol, Effi, Yus, Lin and me were in Pulau Banggi team while Yati, Zue and Lela in Kota Marudu team. I have never talk with Lin, Yati and Effi before even though our office were in the same level (“were” because they’ve moved to MIECC right after the trip) but this trip has connected us and we became closer especially with Lin.

The Pulau Banggi team boarded the early morning ferry to Pulau Banggi on Wednesday whilst the Kota Marudu team went to Kota Marudu to oversee the prep there. We were the last to board the ferry that was full with participants (of the agro project) that were fresh from a motivation course. We sat at the open deck. Very nice view all the way.

The ferry ride took roughly about 1 hour. The sea was ok that day. We reached Pulau Banggi and went straight to Bonggi Resort. A small resort with just basic stuff. Since all the room was fully booked there’s only 2 room left for us; one for the guys and one for the ladies. Yus was suddenly down with stomach ache so she didn’t followed us when we went to visit a water treatment plant.

Later in the evening we went to the event site to foresee the preparation. Nothing much that we can do since all the arrangement will only be done later at night so we killed time off by talking nonsense. But the highlight of the evening was the Johor song sang by Yus. Seriously funny ok with her funny face and all that. We laughed hysterically and no other song can beat the Johor song. Hahaha….

We then went to the jetty to have some chicken wing. Very finger licking I tell you. Then I followed Lin with her friend who bring us to Pak Lah Tower. The view from there was awesome but it was already sunset so there’s nothing much we can see and the photos were not as cleared as the one taken during bright daylight. So we hurriedly went back to the resort.

That night we just stayed at the room. I’ve to share the bed with Lin. Lin and I talked as if we know each other for years. It was quite late when we called it a day. Since the blanket was so thin and the temperature was so cold, I kept on snuggling closer to her. Hehehe…. My feet were so cold like an ice and hers provide enough warmth for me. But I hardly slept that night due to the coldness, the snores from guys next door (not from our team though) and the dogs barking. I have very sensitive ears especially when I’m sleeping.

To be continued……

2 comments:

swit@kon said...

kenapalah aku tak berkesempatan nak g tempat2 macam ni.huhuh

Eny Yusof said...

Sila masuk kementerian ini kerana ianya bessssttt (eh macam iklan petronas plak)

Lain kementerian lain pengalaman. Dok sini memang merasa la nak tengok tempat-tempat terpencil especially yang jaga projek.

Macam tak percaya je Malaysia ada banyak lagi tempat yang kita tak pergi