Wednesday, June 03, 2009

My surgery Pt 2 - The Procedure and The Recovery

Next thing I know, I’m already in the recovery room, sleepy and my throat hurt so damn much. After sometime, they pushed me to the daycare ward and I slept most of the time. But sometimes I was woken by the phone; I’m supposed to attend another session of financial instruction thingy at Tasik Kenyir, Terengganu in which I’ve became a key person already. When I’m missing, everyone were looking after me not knowing that I’m actually at the hospital. Told them to postpone the session but apparently someone only think about her schedule and not everyone else schedule. Rugi la tak dapat pegi Kenyir. What to do….

Before I underwent the surgery, the dentist already informed me about the procedure and the effect of the surgery. They would cut thru my gums and jawbones to extract the tooth. Depending on the position of the tooth and the nerves, there might be slight numbness if the nerves were involved and it (the numbness) can be up to few months or forever depending on the severity of damages to the nerves itself. They told me to expect few cuts around and inside my mouth too.

I don’t know where does the bravery come (for me to do this surgery) but I tell you, don’t follow my footstep ok. Not worth it. The plan was to extract the wisdom teeth right? Yeah they did it but the effects were so bad. I still got bruises on my right arm from the long drip needle. My throat hurt so damn much, suffered few cuts around my mouth (I bet it’s due to the stuff they used to open the mouth) and inside too especially at my tongue. There’s a bump at my jawbones until now (they cut thru it remember), opening my mouth was a painful act let alone eating and brushing my teeth. However, I never fail to brush my teeth but you can hear me groaning ouch aaaaahhh uuuhhh oooohhh while doing it. My face were so swollen that my niece said. “Cik Ngah, kenapa mulut Cik Ngah jadik kecik?” Hahaha… not my mouth dear, it’s because of my cheek la.

At the hospital, they gave me porridge (very yummy ok) and icy drinks so when I went home, I ate lots of ice cream and iced Milo. I tried eating banana but to finish off a single banana was really painful and tiring act so I stick with porridge. I can’t gargle, spitting is difficult and drinking using a straw was painful too so I device I way to wash the mouth; by using a hose. One hand opening the mouth a bit and another hand sprayed water around my mouth. Oh sangat seksa. To reduce the swelling, I poultice the area with ice. And yes I can feel the stitches thread at 3 different place.

During my sick leave, I hardly smile let alone laughing. My face was swollen and feels tight. I had headache and my other tooth were aching to the extent that I felt like pulling that other tooth out too. But then the dentist might think I’m a psycho la plak right coz keep pulling out tooth aje. Tak de keje ape budak ni.

I got 3 days sick leave and those 3 days including the surgery day. Judging from that I thought surely it’ll heal fast. How wrong I was. I took EL on Friday coz I dare not go out from my house with that swollen jaw. Shame only. I was scheduled to remove the stitches on June 1st so I came back here on Sunday tagged along with Taha, Siti, Dik Man, Akak and Ayum. And yes with that many people on board, I left my car at Kuantan and we drive the MPV. 1st time ever and Mak was so worried that she called us every hours.

To be continued…..

No comments: