Thursday, June 11, 2009

Matchmaker Boss

Yesterday I had dinner with En. Nasrol at Alamanda. En. Afnan couldn’t join in coz he’s at his hometown in Kelantan, visiting his sick mother. Nothing unusual pun but something funny happened before we went there.

I was waiting for En. Nasrol to finish up his work before clocking out. Mr. as-you-bee-kay was sitting at the workstation beside En. Nasrol and I guess he saw En. Nasrol hushing to me, “Jom, jom”. So when I left, he said something like this to En. Nasrol, “Kamu sibuk-sibuk buat minit ni tak de masa nak mencari. Ambik je lah apa yang ada depan mata tu. Betul tak M**? (the as-you-bee)” and the as-you-bee pun mengiyakan aje. Hahaha…

He’s been matchmaking us ever since he was the as-you-bee. And when I said us, En. Afnan included. Hehehe… so funny la this boss. Oh in fact he is super duper funny. Ask everyone here and everyone would agree.

Once when this big boss was the as-you-bee, he saw the 3 of us wearing the same shade clothing; green colour. He said something like, “ Ish susah ni. Kalau 2 perempuan 1 lelaki takpe lah (because man can go more than 1 la tu) tapi kalau 2 lelaki satu perempuan ni payah ni” because in the end the lady will have to choose either one la kan.

He even told my then kay-pee-as-you to match-make me and En. Nasrol not knowing that I am in fact 5 years older than En. Nasrol. Hahaha…

And there was once during meeting he caught me and En. Afnan teasing each other and he said, “Aku kawinkan dua orang ni kang” and it was in front of other staff ok. Shame only.

During a lunch break conversation at the pantry one day, I told my then kay-pee-as-you that I have never been to Langkawi and Cameron Highland. This big boss was there too and he said, “Ala kamu ajak je 2 orang tu. Mesti dia bawaknya”. Amboi-amboi…. pantang ada kesempatan ye…asyik nak kenekan kitorang aje.

What we have is a platonic friendship. Nothing more nothing less. And this big boss, he means no harm, just helping la kot. I wonder what if one day I ask him, “En. Z****, tolong carikan pasangan untuk saya boleh?” what would be his reaction huh? “Ala ambik je lah apa yang ada depan mata tu…” Hahaha…

3 comments:

didi said...

Depan mata aku banyak
:p

Eny Yusof said...

Ye ke banyak? Boleh la adjust. Hahaha.. tapi aku tanak lelembuts yang sorang tu (u know who) Hahaha...

Anonymous said...

hahaahah eny, aku tau sape.. aku tau, walaupun aku belum penah jumpa dia kat kementerian.