Monday, May 24, 2010

Now I know la...

Brand new day with a brand new tyres. Haha boleh gitu. After 2 years and 10 month with 50,000km, I finally change my tyres. All four together. And because of that, I managed to learn a bit about tyre that I never ever knew before. I can’t imagine how it’ll be without internet because these days, I Googled just about anything and everything.

Anyway, let me share something I learn from the internet. I’m sure most of us sometimes don’t even know what the numbers stood for; like one of my friend; changed her tyres berpuluh-puluh kali but when I asked her about tyre, she can only tell that she used a 15” tyre.


So the number stated on the tyre refers to its width/thickness/rim size.


More detailed explanation.

Basically, when we want to change the tyre, besides looking for the right spec, there's one more thing to check but it's not written on the above pic; the manufactured date. There are 4 digit; the first two refers to the week of the year and the later one refers to the year. For example, mine was 1010. Meaning the tyre was manufactured on the 10th week of 2010, early March to be more specific. So it's a brand new tyre. This one I got from my dad. You might not want to buy tyres that are older than 6 month old.  

Ini baru basic. Later when I know more, I'll share it here ok. Like which one better, thicker or thinner tyre? I pun tak tau yang ni.  

No comments: