Monday, November 10, 2008

Raya 08 Part 4 (the later part)

On the 1st and 2nd day of raya, I didn’t go anywhere. Just stay at home and entertain the guest plus washing endless dishes. Since there’s nothing much to do and I’m in no mood to watch TV so I decided to make some pillow using the kekabu that has been on top of the wardrobe for some time. I’m not good in sewing but I guess my pillow does look good. I used old pillowcase as the body and stuffed it with a lot of kekabu. Managed to make 3 pillows on the 1st day. On 2nd day, progress has been slow for I had to sew plain clothes from scratch coz there’s no more old pillowcase to be used. I just can’t believe that I’m sewing pillow on raya but I’m like that. When I feel like doing something, I would just do it; no matter at what time.

Mel and Zack came on the 2nd day of raya with hubby and baby in tummy. Zack is having her 2nd child while Mel her 1st. This 2 girls is my ex-schoolmate when I was in form 4&5. Noor Kamariah@Mel is an English teacher now while Siti Zariah@Zack works as civilian staff at an army camp in Johor.

Actually I plan to visit them on the 3rd day but I was busy preparing stuff to bring back home since we’re going to Putrajaya that very night. Yup my plan to celebrate raya here in KL has been agreed by the big boss. The journey started after Maghrib in 2 cars; Abah and mine. The guys in my car piloted by Eman while the girls including me in Abah’s which is better and bigger.

On Saturday the 4th of raya, we went to few houses; Nek Chik & Nek Long at Kg Melayu Subang, Aunty An at Kayangan Height & Mamatam at Tmn Permata. Aunty An , an architect and married to a British man just moved into her new house about a year ago. It’s a nice house with a nice landscape but I kind of lazy to snap photos. It’s a lovely house but it’s too artistic that neither I, Abah nor Mak would want our new house to be built that way. But the landscape is something that we look forward to. The uncle can’t really speak Malay and my family; saved for a few of us can’t really speak English. The uncle is actually a very friendly guy but the language barrier did hamper the communications. Since Tok Ngah is no longer with us, Nek Ngah stays at Aunty An’s for raya so we didn’t go to their house in Keramat. My own Nenek stays with Mamatam at Taman Permata.

On Sunday we went to Mak Long Nor’s house at Bdr Baru Salak Tinggi. Later in the evening everyone headed back to Kuantan leaving me all alone. But they’ll come back again on the weekend for Natasya’s engagement.

Well that’s all for my raya stories this year. Sorry for the very late updates for I have been very busy with all sort of meetings.

No comments: