Monday, November 10, 2008

Raya 08 Part 2 (the pre-raya part)

The next day, right after sahur, I started my normal duty; cleaning the house. It went on till evening. Got a call from Kak Sobir; inviting me to her place for she’s going home to Kedah on Monday. Finishes up the clutters, then went to Kak Sobir’s place at Indera Mahkota tagged along with Akak and Meera. She’s going to perform her haj soon so was asking me if I got any request for doa; specifically on you-know-what. There’s no one so no name I can give to her. Maybe I should write all my daily doa for her to recite there. The visit was cut short coz Meera’s nature call (the big ones) and we didn’t bring extra diaper. Then the normal stuff; preparing meals for berbuka, went for tarawih and some other stuff.

On Monday I went to service my car with Eman. Had to wait for few hours despite having secured an appointment before and to make things worse; the bills are ridiculous for some normal service. Ok it’s not normal but major service but then again paying nearly RM400 is still ridiculous compared to what other people paid for their car. My sister-in-law who owned a Myvi told me that the most she paid for servicing her car was RM200. And you know what; I have to pay nearly RM80 for 2 bottles of X1R oils that I don’t think made any changes towards the performance of the car. In facts the car became worsened after it (according to the guys la of course coz for sure I’m no expert in that area). Whatever it is, owns a car; Savvy to be specific coursed a burn in my wallet.

On the way back, went to wet market to buy some ketupat’s leaves. I’ve longed to eat pajeri’s so bought pineapples for that. Later on I helped Jannah to re-arrange the hall area. Thalha help a bit only after some nagging involved while all the other boys are nowhere to be seen. The funny thing was we don’t have plans so I think it only finalizes after the tenth time. The sofas and tables is no feather so it took all the energy and I’m really exhausted. When I’m tired, I became stressful. When I became stressful, my anger can be at the dangerous level. When that happens; I nagged all the times. I’m angry at the boys for not helping the girls with the chores. Stories on that will follow later.

On Tuesday we’re more focused on cooking delicacies for raya. I’m very helpful at kitchen area this time; peeling and cutting stuff for rendang and what not; even help Abah cuts the meat. Imagine Abah cuts nearly 13kg of meats; standing. By the time I offered help, there was like 3-4kg left. But still Abah had to supervise me coz I can’t differentiate the veins or lines; wrongly cut meat will make it hard and difficult to chew right.

Because of my super duper diligence on that day, I went on preparing roasted meat for berbuka. Not an easy task having to use mortar & pestle (lesung daa) to crushed and ground all herbs to marinate the meats. One thing for sure; living on my own have sparks the interest on cooking in me. That night everyone was busy preparing the last minutes delicacies; Siti with her Honey Cornflakes and Zakiah, my sister-in-law with her Kuih Simpul (knotted popiah skin stuffed with serunding). I try my hand on both but I guess I’m just not into it yet. Stiff finger I think. Hehehe… but surprisingly Dik Man helped Zakiah knotting the popiah skin. Well done Dik Man. Actually Dik Man wouldn’t mind helping us the ladies just that sometimes he’s more focus on pc games thus ignoring everything around him. Before sleep, I transfer all cookies and chips into the jar.

No comments: