Thursday, November 06, 2008

Budak Kelantan

As I expected, the movie was so-so but I had hilarious moment with the dialogue; they used thick kelantanese accent. Although I was surrounded with kelantanese friend since my uni time, few kelantanese closed friends; even my immediate boss is a kelantanese but never was I exposed to that language as I was last night. The language was actually sounded a bit rude to me but the rudeness is somewhat funny too. But of course if ever someone said; “nate puak ni” to me, I would be offended for I would take it as u called me an animal and I’m no animal.

However, there’s 2 scenes that went overboard to me; 1st one when the bad guy, Jaha raped that stupid girl who ran out from home and 2nd one when Jaha after taking some pill kuda, lie down, touching his crotch and said, “kalo ado tino sedak ni” which I translated as “it’s good to have s*x now”. You all can beg to differ but I hate to see muslim artist doing all that unnecessary act. I know some will said they are just being professional and giving the utmost commitment to liven the character. However, put that professionalism and whatever thing aside; the thing they did is just wrong. Berdosa tau tak!

Just like when I watched Ayat-ayat Cinta recently. The hero was portraying virtuous muslim. We can see him recited the quran and doing all the ibadah. However, when he married his best friend, Maria, he kissed her on the mouth during a scene. I just can’t accept that for it shows like you’re playing with the religion. I just don’t get it; it just like when you said liquor is haram and you drank it right after that.

Ok better stop at that as I know some of you will start to think that I’m just weird. Weird or not, a sin is always a sin right. Ok back to Budak Kelantan story.

There’s one character; a fat and dark guy. They call him Bak Bong. I just can’t understand why En. Afnan and En. Nasrol laugh so hard. I see Bak Bong as Bak Bong. Only kelantanese can understand this it seems.

And I feel that Buchek, the hero was downright stupid. How can he; being such a good man can just let his friend, Jaha do all the bad thing. He can at least say something; or if he can’t he should just left him. And his stupidest act ever was when he decided to pass his girlfriend to Jaha. That guy took drug, sleeping around with all kind of ladies and he even confessed that he sold some ladies that I’m sure Buchek know what Jaha mean. So no matter how pure his intention was, he just plain stupid. Full stop.

Yeah people might saw me laughing like I don’t cares about others but deep in my heart, that’s how I felt. I think I’m also turning into one of those who said something is downright wrong but you still do it. Hehehe….

So right now, I’ve been starting my dialogue with “tak Americalah…”

Tak Americalah makan nasik bungkus

Tak Americalah kalo ajak guna wakil
*only En. Nasrol understand what this mean*

Tak Americalah bla bla bla…..

How much American I can be huh?

No comments: