Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No more senaman tekak

Yesterday I had dinner with En. Afnan and En. Nasrol at Kenny Rogers. Makan with En. Afnan, tanpa drama adalah tidak lengkap ok. And people teased me for being oh-so-drama-queen. Ni Tok Guru I ni. Lagi teruk ok.

Day before that En. Afnan did invite me for senaman-tekak ni. (karaoke session la...) And yesterday he invited again. But actually I've told myself, no more karaoke after Ramadhan.

When I was with Guardian, during lunch break, those staff would ask me to join them for a session but I always said no. I rather walk alone than being in that small room.

Last year, there was one day when some friends went to karaoke and I was actually with them for a shopping session. So I just had to drag myself in that room. Everyone enjoyed themselves but not me. I cough non-stop coz I can't stand the smoke.

Then this year, En. Afnan telah berjaya membawa I untuk berkaraoke. I'm a lousy singer. My voice is horrendous and singing in front others is downright embarrassing for me. But with them, nothing seems to be important.

We went there few times, with En. Nasrol too. To be honest, I actually enjoyed those session with this two guys. They would laugh their heart out at me; especially En. Afnan lah kan but I seem not to care at all. From someone being too conscious on people judgment, I've changed into I-don't-give-a-damn-at-all.

But I have this inner thought. When I did something that I deem as not a good me act, this inner thought will keep reminding me to stop. That’s how I felt when I started this karaoke thing. I had so much fun but I felt guilty too.

I’m not going to elaborate more on why I think karaoke is something bad coz I know a lot of friend who enjoyed karaoke and as a friend I do not want them to feel offended.

But I guess En. Afnan did feel that yesterday. I’m not labeling him as bad person for enjoying karaoke but maybe he think that I think of that. I know he really want me to join him yesterday but I have to decline.

I love music. I still do. And I would sing aloud; at my workstation, in the car, at home; all the time. But not karaoke. I’m just not into it.

Guess we need to find other way to release the stress together; besides the normal retail therapy. Any suggestion?

No comments: