Friday, October 22, 2010

Eny the baker

In your dream la Eny. Hahaha..... anyway these past few days I've been thinking about baking a cake. Wah never in my life ok. Thinking as is teringin sangat-sangat to do. I have never bake a cake on my own before. Normally I would watch Mak and my sisters bake. The least I would do was to beat the butter and sugar manually or to fill up the cup with the mixtures or just to grease the pan. So yesterday was my first attempt ever on baking a cake. 

The recipe. Siap lukis gambar oven lagi. Hahaha....

Called Mak and asked for her recipe. Can't remember how many time already I asked but this time I'm going to really do it. Hehehe.... My mom recipe is very simple and I really love her chocolate cake. Very chocolatey and moist too. Growing up, I don't eat cakes. Well except those baked by my mom. Bagilah kek sedap and cantik mana pun I just don't like it. Until Secret Recipe. I love some of it cakes but not cheese cakes. I'm still picky when choosing what cakes to eat. It would always the same cakes that I ate there; chocolate indulgence, chocolate chip walnut, chocolate banana, chocolate fudge or american brownies. Nothing cheesy only chocolatey. Sometimes we celebrate birthday in office and they would bought cakes from errr... what's that bakery in P8..... hah Baker's Cottage. Sorry to say I don't like their cakes. Just plain and dry. Anyway back to my baking experience.  

Since I already have all the ingredients and my baking stuff is almost complete I am ready to bake. Sal came to my place yesterday so she watched me doing my first cake ever. Its good to have companion while baking ni kan. Boleh tanya if not sure. 

The ingredients (plus baking powder, vanilla essence and hot water)

Preparing the cocoa mixture... this is where I went wrong by adding too much hot water in it

The basic butter and sugar

Ready to bake

Into the oven

The baker and her 1st cake

From outside, it looks ok. But inside.... errr.....hehehe

Mak said it'll take roughly around 30-45 minutes for the cake to bake. But last night it took me nearly 1 and a half hours ok. Hahaha.... The taste is there just the texture in the middle were a bit gooey. I guess I add too much hot water when preparing the cocoa mixture. I should add the water a little at one time and not just pour everything. Ok point noted. I'll try it again soon. Hopefully next time it'll be just right. Insya Allah. Tiba-tiba tak sabar nak bake lagi. Boleh? Hahaha..... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

texture dia macam bingka. tapi rasa dah ok dah.
anyway. jom bake a cake today? hehehe

Eny Yusof said...

Puan K (wah tetibe nk panggil kau Puan K)

Minta maaf la puan. Saya akan balik ke Kuantan petang ini dan bas saya adalah pada jam 3.30pm. Saya telah pun mendapatkan kebenaran dari Encik H berhubung perkara ini.

Saya harap puan tidak berkecil hati ye. Dah beberapa kali saya terpaksa menolak pelawaan puan. Insya Allah lepas ini saya akan cuba penuhi kerana saya pun memang teringin nak membuat kek resepi puan itu.

Sekali lagi, maafkan saya ye puan. Hehehe.....

Anonymous said...

Cik Eny,

Choco cake itu akan jd santapan sy masa dinner mlm nih... uhuhu.. nak balikk......

-cupidz-