Friday, April 03, 2009

Bonded by congkak

On the way back from the Ziarah Hijrah programme last month, we drop by at Ayer Itam for some shopping. I end up buying a mirror, a bamboo carpet (oh no, not again Eny!), an umbrella holder and a congkak set.

I told Ayum that there’s something new at my house that he’ll definitely hooked with. So last weekend when he came down here, he search high and low looking for that something new. I put the congkak set just beside the TV cabinet but I guess he missed it.

So he kept pestering me about it till I nearly blurted about it. I asked him to keep looking but Mak spoiled the surprise by telling him about it. I guess Mak also can’t stand seeing Ayum searching here and there.

We immediately tear off the plastic wrapping and voila… the addiction towards that congkak started creeping towards everyone. Even Abah also became addicted to it. They kept playing with it all the time.

Abah emerged as the champion, beating everyone else. Well, who are we to beat Abah, the kampung boy. Abah was so great in playing congkak that he beat Ayum right till the last holes. I dare not challenge Abah yet, just Dik Man and Ayum.

They’re coming tomorrow and I bet the congkak match will be on again. A truly family-bonding moment.

Abah and Dik Man just started


2 comments:

didi said...

Family aku bonded by main terup. Kalu holiday, confirm main judi sampai lewat malam.

Setiap round, pemenangnya dapat pakai topi rotan besar sebagai mahkota.

Eny Yusof said...

Didi...

Main judi tu kan haram. Hehehe...