Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Abang's wedding

Last Saturday my parents and the siblings came again, this time to attend Abang’s wedding. Abang is my 2nd cousin; his mom, Aunty Su and my mom are cousin. Siti didn’t come coz she got a tournament on something so Hayat and her daughter, Meera joined in.

It was a big kenduri indeed; considering Uncle Ramli’s nature of work plus this is the 1st wedding on their small family.

When I was still studying in UiTM Shah Alam, their house was the place I used to hang out during semester break; it was in Section 3, just a few metres from the Kolej Jati. Thus the children (Abang, Siddiq, Syafiq and Atiqah) and I are on a friendly term; minus the 4th ones, Noi coz she’s not around when I was there.

And again like the week before, it’s a place for all my mom’s uncles, aunties and cousins to meet up and chatted about all the nostalgia and what not. And just like before, none of my mom siblings came. My own nenek too. Sigh….

We stayed till the caterer cleaned up everything and went home for endless congkak games. Oh that evening we (Dik Man, Ayum, Akak, Hayat and me) played badminton too. We’re brushing our skills on hitting the shuttlecock. I haven’t touch the racket since 20 years ago (I last played badminton when I was 11 due to an incident) so there’s a lot to catch up. Kan best if we live together here, sure there’s lot of games that we can play. The surrounding at my home in Kuantan doesn’t permit us to have this kind of physical activities.

I’d be counting the days waiting for their visit again. Hmmm…





She just loves posing for camera

The dais, this time with fresh daisies

Mak with Nek Teh; the groom's granny

Posing at the dais happily

Meera's thousand faces; and just before the incident

Crying her heart out after that; scalded her finger when she touched the burning spot light

The newlywed; Abang and Mimi. Congratulations!

No comments: