Friday, February 06, 2009

Work + stress = sleeping disturbance

I have sleeping disturbance again this whole week. I would be awake all night long planning things that I would on the next day. Not really things but more of a work. I’ll do this, that and I even plan on things to said to my staff.

But when I come to office, I can’t really remember things that I planned to say last night. I keep on reminding my self on what to say at night and here I am still trying to figure out what is it.

And right now, I’m stressful because of one silly thing: paper. It might sound silly but really it’s not.

The thing is we need to buy papers. Lots of it. Plain white and coloured ones. So I was appointed to prepare the spec of the paper. What so difficult right, just mention the colour and the weight. But no, it’s not that easy. We need to prepare the code of colour as well. And there’s no standard reference for it ok. I search high and low but still couldn’t get one.

Apparently, to get a standardized colour, we have to mention the code as stated in Munsell Code of Colour. We can’t really get the code online, got to buy that book and it’s not cheap ok.

So I called every where. I end up talking to few inspectors at Bukit Aman and yes they got the spec but they need the boss approval before they can give the spec. To write in and wait for the reply would need more time and I don’t have time to spare.

All this unnecessary tension put unto me caused by the finance department who thanks to them, have no proper record of purchase before. It’s not the 1st time they buy paper and they have the gut to inform us that they don’t have the record on earlier purchases.

Paling menyakitkan hati, they appointed us and let us do all the work for them instead of giving proper guides and complete materials for us to work on. Argh…

And because of the same department also, the whole next week I’ll be in Kelantan for a workshop on Arahan Kewangan for LKW in which I have to pay for my own lodging because this people are so lazy to prepare the budget for it. Because of that same department also, I rarely make any claims. So far, in my 2 years of service, I only make 3 claims and the 1st one was really a bad experience thus explaining why I hate making claims.

Ok enough of my blabbering. Got to get back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aku tau, aku tau pengalaman pertama tu..hehehhe.

Anonymous said...

what a waste if u dont claim..the hustle n bustle just 4 da 1st time ma..once u know how n after that it would be easier..kewangan is known 4 the're hanky panky..get used 2 it lah..hehe