Thursday, August 28, 2008

Le Tour de Putrajaya

I was on leave last Thursday and Friday. The plan was to take the boys and girls for Le Tour de Putrajaya. Due to the heavy rain since morning, we only managed to go out later in the afternoon. In the mean time, we cooked lunch. At first we wanted to have a little picnic but then it was cancelled and we packed sandwiches instead.

First stop; Botanical Garden. Such a picturesque garden. The lake and its pretty view, the garden, the flowers; everything completed each other. But I guess the boys and girls doesn’t really fascinated with all that. They needed something more fun and enjoyable. Mak and Abah would appreciate this garden more I think. We didn’t cover every inch of the garden. We don’t really have times plus we cannot expect Dik Man to walk all the way with his condition.

Managed to finish all the sandwiches then off we go to Wetland. When we arrived there, it was almost 5pm. Not so much of patronage. Fishing is allowed here. Fees: RM20 for 1 rode. Time: 8 or 9am *not sure* to 7pm. Not so bad. Dik Man and Ayum keep pestering me to rent the rod but then it’s not worth it coz of the time constraint and obviously we didn’t bring and baits. So I rented the paddle boat. The 3 person paddle boat would cost RM9 only for half an hour so I rented 2. 1 for me, Dik Man and Ayum and the other 1 for Akak and Siti. Siti was reluctant at first, much to my surprise. She was the one who’s a bit rough and active like boys and there she was afraid of the paddle boat. Hahaha… you’re busted Siti.

Dik Man was reluctant too due to his conditions but I managed to persuade him at last. I’ll paddle I said. Everyone had so much fun on the boat. Siti was enjoying the paddling too. They’re absolutely going to come here again. Next time around, we might go for fishing here. Next stop, Putra Perdana parks, the place where I and En. Afnan jogs. Didn’t cover the whole parks due to lack of time so targeting only on Monumen Alaf Baru.

Ayum didn’t believe me when I told them that there’s some document inside the monument that will be taken out only on the year 2020. Keep explaining all the time and even show him the plaque where they wrote about the stuff and yet he still not buying it. Kids will always be kids, with all the questions that sometimes I just don’t have the answer or just don’t know how to explain. We have one brilliant small guy here. Time was running late. We had to make a move. Drop by at Taman Warisan for an ABC’s then went home at 7pm plus.

On Friday, Bang Long was on leave too so he plan to take us around KL. We packed sandwiches again. 1st stop, KLCC parks. Nothing much there. Ayum, not like any other kid, doesn’t really enjoy himself there. Not even going for any of the playground thingy. He’s too mature for his age. Then went inside Suria KLCC. Went to Kinokuniya but then it’s no fun. We’re supposed to have fun right. So we go to watch the arts on display. No cameras please so no photo. Such an artistic works. Next stop, IKEA.

This one I like coz I did have things to buy. Bought a small desk for my lappy. This is Siti’s 1st time coming to IKEA. Dik Man and Ayum didn’t join us, spending the whole time at the café. So Siti, Akak and me did some shopping and then sent Bang Long home. Due to my geographically challenge situations, Bang Long had to show me the way to Putrajaya highways entrance despite the heavy rains, via his bike. He must be soaked wet by the time he reached home. Thanks so much Bang Long. It was raining heavily on the way home but then there’s no rain at all in Putrajaya.

We have to be home early coz CC Hajar *my chief clerk at office* invited us for dinner that night. So right after Maghrib prayer, we went to CC’s house at P14. There was plenty of food and sate was on the menu too. At first everyone was a bit shy but later on started to be themselves again. Laughing and teasing each other. When CC’s hubby came back from surau, he was delighted to see all of us and he took instant liking towards Ayum. They don’t have son so he likes to entertain boys especially the young ones.

He just knew how to make my siblings at ease. They love to play teka-teki or lame jokes and he had a few too. The time was 11.15pm when we excused ourselves. Thanks a lot CC. The food was nice and we had fun too. Was so tired by the time we reached home. Planned to go for MAHA on the next day but then it was cancelled to my dad's request for us to join him.

To be continue….
p/s : Not photos on the KLCC and IKEA trip coz we used Bang Long's camera.

No comments: