Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Confession of a husband

I’m so sleepy this morning. Arrived back home at 11.30pm last night and after some unpacking and packing, I dozed off at 1am (maybe much later coz there’s a some pillow talk session with Kak Mas). What a busy and happy weekend. I did not eat as much as I expected (coz Mak was so busy helping at a kenduri kahwin) but I went for shopping spree for 2 consecutive days with my siblings and there goes another hefty saving with retailers. As I planned, we went to TC and had a picnic there. Mira was having so much fun. Me too and I bet all of us enjoyed our evening very much. Mamat came back from UUM on Sunday and he’s on a month semester break. When I did my diploma and degree, I did not enjoy the long semester break coz UiTM did not have the same holiday as other public uni back then. I wonder what kind of activities I’ll be doing if I had the same break as they got now (wink! wink! And I’m sure Mak will go “ tak de rumah ke nak balik” hehehe) But I did have so much fun even though the holiday are soooo short.

Last Friday as I planned, I went to pick Pet (I was so near to him but a wrong turn caused me a few kilometers and half an hour searching my way back, driving alone, around KL, at night…wah so scary but funny too. I admire my courage back then. Hehehe…) and he’s the one handling the steering to Kuantan. The last time I saw him was during his wedding day and that was last year. So there’s pretty much of catching up along the way.

Ok back to the main topic for today. I was so surprised listening to Pet’s life after he tied the knot. I thought wedding supposed to be making us happier and yes it did open a new chapter in our life but what Pet went thru was totally a different story from what I imagined. His mother does not like his wife, an orphan, who is still studying at a nursing college. As the only son in his family, I just can’t imagine the challenges Pet’s have to endure to make both women happy. Luckily his mother does not mind raising his daughter. Pet even gave me some pretty good advice on dealing with in laws. Pity him kan… takpe lah Pet, sabar banyak-banyak ok. I pray to Allah that one day, everything will be just fine. Every cloud have a silver lining so sooner or later, his mother will accept the reality that no matter what, his son already married with a daughter to care for, and he’s happily in love. In the end, nothing else matter.

All this only add on to my fear of settling down coz I know myself. I’m not that good in dealing with emotions, rejections, bla bla bla. I can just hope and pray that when the time comes, I’ll have the best in laws. Well, they don’t really have to love me like their own daughter, but just accept me the way I am. I’ll have flaws, so does everyone. If they can treat me the may Mak and Abah treat their in laws, I’ll be content. Pet said I’ll be ok coz my parents are sporting; yeah Mak and Abah sure will accept the man of my choice but what about my partner? Will his parents accept me? What la Eny…. Such a worry bug btoi la I ni. Padahal bercinta pon tidak, pakwe pon tak de inikan pulak nak dapat mak mertua. Ntah ape-ape ntah. Suka serabutkan kepala sendiri. Hehehe… sajelah kan… its my nature nak buat camne…. So kene doa banyak-banyak supaya dipertemukan jodoh dengan lelaki yang baik dan dapat in laws yang baik-baik juga. Amin…..

I have a plane to catch so later ok. Banyak benda nak citer ni. Photo tak sempat nak attach, so balik kursus nanti lah ok. Daaa

No comments: