Friday, May 08, 2009

A visit to clinic

Update of yesterday issue; Called my mom last night and she said she have to decline the promotion offer. Well I believe for every missed opportunity let gone due to some sacrifice, thousand more will come for us to grab. And now will have to pray that no more transfer order will come.

I’m not feeling very well lately. I feel like catching a fever yesterday but thank God I survive, just that I got this sore throat. So not in the mood to neither eat nor talk. And this time, I don’t think a visit to clinic is necessary.

Talking about clinic, my visit to Putrajaya clinic last Tuesday surprises me a bit; that the system is so computerised, that even in the evening, the patients coming is plenty and how friendly the nurses was.

As a first timer, I had to fill up some form and waited for my number to be called for registration. The registration went on smoothly and it took I think less than 5 minutes and I was given a card with barcode on it. Then I have to go to another counter, waited for my number to be called again and this time there was a nurse there screening us. Told her that I got headache so she write the room number at the card and directed me to another place where there were other patients waiting to see the doctor. Here I have to scanned my card and waited for my number to be called again.

Since it’s my first time, I didn’t really know what to do so I asked a nurse at the counter there and she told me to wait for 5 minutes and scanned my card. She asked me on my sickness and told her I got a headache. Told me came back to her after scanning the card coz she wanted to check my blood pressure.

The nurse sat at a counter and so I sat with her and we started talking like we know each other since forever. I thought that the nurse wanted to calm me down before taking the test so I just relax and talk. Indeed my blood pressure is a bit high, the normal systolic/diastolic level is around 120/80 but mine was 130/100. I’m not surprise seeing the number coz it’s not my first time having that. I used to have borderline and some friend still couldn’t understand why I have that at the very young age. Effect of taking everything to your heart it seems.

The queue was long here but I didn’t feel it coz apparently when we talk, time flies so fast. Some patient even mistook me to be one of clinic staff. Hehehe… The consultation with the doctor took less than 10 minutes; she took my blood pressure again, checked my eyes and prescribed me with painkiller. The bottle is still unopened, sitting at the dining table. I’ve stopped taking painkiller for few years now coz I used to eat painkiller like a tic-tac before and it’ll only do more harm to our body actually.

I didn’t go to the clinic for meds; just wanted some check-up. Alhamdulillah the doctor said there’s nothing wrong with my brains coz if there is anything there, she can detect it from my eyes. But if the headache keeps coming back, I have to consult the doctor again. Let just hope and pray that it’s nothing more that just a mere headache.

After consulting the doctor, I have to scan my card at the prescription counter and waited for the pharmacist to call me and prescribed me with whatever meds the doctor prescribed. Very systematic and computerised huh.

Anyway, thanks nurse Kalsom for making my day. Talking with her really does wonder to my headache; it disappears just like that with no recurrence. Thus saving me from putting more pills into my system.

If we treated people with respect, people will treated us with respect too. Everyone is just doing their job and I believe maybe I’ve made the nurse Kalsom day too; being the most talkative patient she ever met. Hahaha…

No comments: