Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I wish I and my family have phone that can do teleconference

Decision making can be tough sometimes especially when it involves others and stuff that is beyond our control. Ok the situation is like this;

My department planned to have our family day this weekend. The problem is we haven’t decided on the place yet but most probably it’ll be in Lumut. At first we decided to do it at PD but the cost incurred there is slightly higher than at Lumut so we’ll be having yet another meeting this afternoon to decide. Hopefully this would be the final meeting regarding thsi matter.

I planned to bring Mamat and Taha along. Mamat will come here tomorrow from Kuantan; he went home earlier than Taha. Taha is still at Sintok and his bus to Kuantan is at 6.30pm tomorrow. He already bought the ticket (my fault for not inviting him earlier) and they (the bus operator) don’t want to buy back the ticket even at half price. So he might be going down halfway at Gombak and that would be around 1-3am.

My surgery will be on next Tuesday. I planned to have my recovery leave at Kuantan so the plan is for Taha to send me to hospital that morning, took me home and off to Kuantan either on that day itself or on Wednesday, depending on my discharge time.

Abah is worried about the surgery because it involves general anesthetic, pulling out 4 teeth at one go is serious business ok and anything can happen right (nauzubillah). He wants Mak to accompany me along but Mak working schedule next week is a bit tight I guess. So Abah plan to come down here himself to oversee things at the hospital. He’s anxious because he thinks Mamat and Taha can’t handle stuff like that. How come I never thought of that huh. I thought it just a simple one; go there, pull out the teeth, wake up and recover, discharge and have Taha to pick me home. Abah think beyond that, to handle the hospital matter, to take care of me while waiting to recover from the anesthetic effects, to take care of me if the need to be warded arise, and to drive me home to Kuantan. Abah is so sweet huh, make me sad only.

The thing that I need to decide are;

If Abah is to come, when should he come? Told him that he have to tag along for that family day if he come tomorrow. Or maybe he would come on Monday since no one at home (Putrajaya) during weekend. And if Abah come, Taha have to go home to Kuantan and take over Abah job; the executive chauffeur. Yup Abah is our family executive chauffeur since no one else can drive.

If Taha decided to join me, who’s going to pick him up at that wee hour? Gombak is quite far from here. But I guess since Mamat would already be here, he can accompany me, right?

Abah worries is not groundless thus I became worried too. Who’s going to take care of me? Ok I know Mamat and Taha can become responsible man if the need arise (not that they are not responsible enough before but you know la things with young guys like them ni) but yes to have my parents around me during that time would be far better.

So how huh? There’s another option; Taha can join me for that family day but he has to go home on Sunday so Abah can come here on Monday. But then Taha would be seriously exhausted by then. Hmmm… if everyone in one place easy la to discuss but to be in 3 different state ni quite difficult la; have to call Abah, then call Taha, then call Abah back, and Taha back, call Mak in between that (coz Mak at her office now). Teleconference anyone? Hehehe…

Hard to decide la now and with all this mounting papers on my table, it became harder to think let alone to decide. Sigh….

1 comment:

swit@kon said...

babe, u r invited to kenduri tahlil pada hari khamis, 21 Mei 2009 di rumah yasser.