Thursday, May 07, 2009

Promotion = Weekend wife / mom

Something is happening to my mom and I’m sure it’s a big dilemma to her. The good news is that she got promoted to a higher post. And with that, came the bad news too; she’s been transferred to another place, 3 hours drive from home. Even if she did not accept the promotion, she would still be transferred to another place sooner or later, just like her other colleagues.

To move with everyone is quite impossible considering the school and everything but to live on her own at this age is something that she and every one of us dreaded too. My mom is 55 this year and at that age, all kind of sickness alternating every now and then. Who’s going to massage her if she got backache, headache, muscle ache and everything? Who's going to make her drinks or iron her clothes?

And with the schooling expenses and all other expenses, retiring is not an option. My dad pension is not that much to cover everything and what we gave is hardly enough too. Pity my mom. If only I can provide her with everything….

To commute everyday from home is not an option too coz the place is quite far and my dad is not as healthy as he used to be so he can’t drive all the way to and fro the house to her office everyday.

Seems like those at home have to learn on living without mom now. Everyday before going to office, my mom would sweep around the compound and the drainage (for falling leaves), doing the laundry and clean the bathroom. Everyday without fail ok. Well, unless when she’s sick or something. So someone has to take over that routine now and I believe Abah would be the one. Pity both my parents.

If only I’m a millionaire…. I’ll built a big house that everyone can live in it, provide everything for everyone, hired few maid to do all the housework so my parents can just rest and play with the grandchildren, sponsored my parents to go on holiday around the world, endless shopping session and the list go on and on. If only….

For now, I can just pray that everyone will be strong in this trying moment and I pray that Allah would grant us with His love and cares too. This might strengthen the bond too; not that it’s not strong before just maybe it can be stronger. And hopefully my siblings can be more responsible towards doing the house chores and taking care of themselves.

Pity both my parents. Sedih la.

No comments: