Monday, March 30, 2009

Lina's Wedding

The whole family came down to KL on Friday for Lina’s wedding. Lina is my cousin, just a year older than me but matures in every way. This is actually her 2nd marriage, 1st one being 12 years ago and they went separate way 10 years later. Duh, she knocked me off 2-0. Hehehe…

How time flies so fast. I can still remember all the fuss around her 1st. She was too young, 20 at that time and was suspended from UiTM due to her crazy love-inflicted behaviour. Everyone was involved in that affairs, me included. It was really crazy back then, during Hari Raya while we were at kampung, the boys had to protect all doors, fearing she might ran away again. Me as the closest cousin had to bear being interrogated by every aunty; what’s her plan, what she said, yada yada yada. And yes despite the tight security, she ran off with the boy. Love is really crazy I guess.

One day I called Mak Ngah and she said she’s going to marry them both. She got tired fighting I guess. On my 19th birthday, Lina came to my college announcing that she’s already married. A surprise birthday gift huh.

There’s only akad nikah ceremony and it was held at Mak Lang’s house because Mak Ngah and Pak Ngah despite giving the blessing, were still against the wedding. She didn’t receive any hantaran at all because both were still studying and since both families were against the wedding, they didn’t want to sponsor anything. Lina was expelled from UiTM not long after that and Budi went on to pursue his study at Polytechnic.

Despite everything, they were blissfully married with 2 handsome sons and 1 pretty daughter. Their career also blossoming; Lina’s now with Petronas after leaving Schlumberger. But I guess something went wrong somewhere. We didn’t see it coming but suddenly they parted way. But they still maintain a good relationship for the children’s sake. Budi already got himself a new wife so now it’s Lina’s turn.

I guess this 2nd wedding is payback time for Lina. Everything was beautiful; the room and dais was decorated beautifully with fresh flowers, the food was fantastic, there’s a gamelan performance and she even rented ice-cream vendor to serve the guest. She’s so pretty wearing the red gown; doesn’t look like a mother to 3 kids at all. And the kids became the flower boy/girl.

I had to settle something at home that morning so I didn’t make it during her akad nikah ceremony. I missed both her akad nikah it seems. Hehehe. I had tears welled on my eyes during the menepung tawar ceremony. All the memories flashes back and I’m happy for her. Her life is complete now. Looks like I have to work hard after this; it’s either I’m too slow or she’s too fast. Hehehe…

The room

Fresh flowers and crystals

I think this is the prettiest room ever

Macam cerita Hindustan kan cuma Hindutan guna bunga, this one guna crystal

From her to him

From him to her

The beautiful bride

The dais


The gamelan performance

Ice-cream anyone?
Mind you, this big lady is indeed my younger sister. Hehehe...

Following the gamelan rhythm

Entertaining ourselves listening to the gamelan

The children from her previous marriage; counter clockwise from top, Danish, Harith and Mya

Yusof and Ealina

On the dais

Me and my cousin.

P/S : I've been wearing that red baju kurung 3 times this month. Not that I have no other new clothes but I still couldn't find the matching tudung for the others

No comments: