Thursday, March 19, 2009

Karnival Desa @ Sg. Kerang

Last Friday, Pn. Azura came to my place and we talked till 12.30am. She’s been transferred to MOA so there’s a lot to catch up. We’ve been hanging around together for so long that it’s weird not to have her around. Hanim came at 10 plus but she didn’t joined us, too tired after her futsal games. I invited Hanim to tag along with me to Perak.

Went to sleep at 1am and wake up at 5am coz we need to start off early. We were supposed to push off at 7am but when I arrived few minutes before 7am, no body was there yet. The tyre finally went spinning at 9am.

Arrived at the event site around half past noon and we had our lunch there. We stayed at Orient Star Lumut, which is quite far away from the event site. That evening, we went to check out the new esplanade on foot, located less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. From large groups finally there’s only me and Hanim left for everyone else was scattered everywhere. We didn’t buy much but more on photographing ourselves. We were really like a tourist there; taking photos everywhere.

Went back to hotel when the clouds are getting darker and drops of rains started to fall. That night, my instructor at OBS came to pass his wedding invitation. It’s been more than a year than our last meet but I was rushing for dinner so we didn’t talk for long; less than 10 minutes.

We had dinner at Manjung. Hanim and I, we had siakap 3 rasa, tom yam and kailan ikan masin, my favourite combination. The fish was big for 2 but we managed to finish it; definitely not my 1st time eating big fish with only a friend.

Went to event side coz tagging team needs to tag the seats. Stayed there till 2.30am and I’m nearly frozen inside the bus. Forgot to bring my sweaters and I’m too sleepy to bring myself out of the bus. Poor Hanim, it’s her 1st time following me along and she had to stay up late and wake up at the very early hour. Hope this wouldn’t stop her from doing it again.

That morning, we wake up 5.30am, and push off to Kg. Sg. Kerang, Trong at 7am; right after breakfast. Arrived there around 8.30am and quickly resume our duty. Barely 1 hour later, had my batik soaked with sweats. Very uncomfortable coz I was running here and there, ushering peoples to fill up the empty seats at the marquee tent. I’ve done this countless of time but trust me I never like it. I’m not the one who likes to be in the limelight, ushering peoples make me feels that. But since it’s my job, I’ve to give the best I can.

Assalamualaikum. Selamat datang.
Jemput penuhkan tempat di khemah ye.
Majlis akan bermula sebentar saje lagi… jemput penuhkan ruang di khemah ye.
Pohon penuhkan ruang di depan dulu ye.
Boleh saya bantu?
Oh di sini ye.
Ke sebelah kanan ya tuan.

Normal dialogue when I’m on duty. Thought I wouldn’t have to do that again once I left Guardian. There we had to entertain each and every customer.

Welcome to Guardian.
How may I help you ma’am/sir?
Oh we have promotions on… bla bla bla….
This is our new promotions brochure….yada yada yada….
Proceed on answering each and every question about product on displays.
Thank you ma’am/sir.
Please come again and have a nice day.

That’s why nowadays when I went to Guardian and no one treated me like that I feel awkward. It’s a norm ok. We have to actually practice on that and I trained my staff back then.

Ok back to the story. En. Afnan came and I tagged him along together with Didi when I’m done with my job. Left my camera with Hanim on the bus so not so much photos except few on Didi’s camera. Hanim stayed on the bus, catching up her sleeps.

We had ours right after Minister and the entourage finishes their lunch. Our new TKSU invited us to her hometown at Padang Rengas for some durians. We were welcomed to some fresh durians, pengat durian, pulut, roti jala and what not. I was so tired that I slept from Sg. Kerang to Padang Rengas. And continue back right after that but still as usual tidur-tidur ayam saje.

Reach Putrajaya at 7pm plus. Went home, clean up and went to sleep immediately after isya’ prayer; not even 9pm yet ok. Pretty exhausted this time. And the day after, work resume as usual. Sigh…

No comments: