Monday, January 05, 2009

I'm back

Lazing around doing nothing is very addictive you know. Even for 1 week only. I had trouble waking up for work this morning. Aaarghhh if only I can extend it longer….

Anyway, yesterday I drive alone from Kuantan to Putrajaya. Something that I never did before. Normally when I go home, it’s always been with my siblings or friends. I did drive from Kuantan to Putrajaya once but Abah was there beside me.

Knowing my not so competent driving skill, Abah was a bit too worried. I overheard his discussion with Mak; he wanted to tag along again. But I guess Mak said no coz Mak already suggested that I bring Apis along but I refused. This is a challenge I put myself to. I can’t always depend on others to drive me home. If I pass this, next times I can go home when ever I want, don’t have to wait for others anymore.

Abah gave all kind of advice;

1. Stay away from lorries and busses;
2. Don’t follow others and don’t let others follow you (no tailgating);
3. Drive slowly and carefully especially at Genting Sempah area (very steep with sharp corners);
4. Stays on the left lanes (at Genting Sempah area)

Fastest I went was 140kmph but that was on a straight route. But when I was stuck behind a big lorry at Genting Sempah, I have no choice but to overtake lah kan. But other than that, I follow every advice given.

Alhamdulillah I’ve made it. Left home at 2pm, filled the fuel, check on tyre pressure and off I go. The traffic was smooth but slowing down in KL. Arrived home at 5.45pm.

Next time I can go home on my own but driving alone was way too boring though.

1 comment:

swit@kon said...

power2. 3 jam 45 minit untuk ko memang dah cukup hebat eny! tahniah!