Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Alahai anak omak

Office is very quiet today. Everyone went to Perak for another big event; Pelan Tindakan Desa. It’ll be officiate by PM tomorrow and as usual, this department is in-charge for protocol and logistic thingy. I excused myself from going for I have this paper to finish and a briefing to give tomorrow. Ok let’s not talk about work.

Last night, on the way home from Kuantan, I listen to FlyFM. They got this Flirty@10.30 programmes. It’s a programme where the DJ’s try to hook peoples. Yesterday’s one was quite funny though.

There’s this girl. She falls for her college mate and invited this guy out. The guy said ok but under one conditions; she have to ask permission from his mom first. A case of mommy’s boy la ni. Dunia sudah terbalik… So she summons FlyFM to help her.

The DJ called the mom and told her about the stuff and later on asked her to talk to the girl herself.

Hello aunty.

Oh hello. Who’s this?

I’m S, a friend of A (the guy). How are you aunty? (seriously takde soalan lain ke nak tanya?)

Ok but to be called at this hour is not very pleasing.

OK the thing is aunty I asked A to go out for a movie or something. He said ok but I have to ask permission from you first.

Hmm that sounds like my son. So where are you going?

To Mutiara Damansara.

When is it?

At night but if that can’t, we can just go after class.

Ok the thing is I’m the one who pick him after class. Why don’t I send both of you there?

Surely can aunty.

Then the DJ suggested that the mom cook at her house and invited the girl to come over. She agreed and said it’s a good idea for she also wanted to know the girl for she has guts to ask for her permission.

I salute the girl for her bravery. But falling for a mommy’s boy is somewhat a challenge for every woman; having to deal with the guy himself is difficult, a protective mother would be the ultimate challenge. Ceh as if I have experience on this. But many of my friends have.

There’s positive and negative view on this and it’s really depend on the individual. Of course as a mother she wanted nothing but the best for her son. But sometimes they fail to acknowledge that what best for them does not necessarily the same for others or even for the son himself.

Plus the mother has been with the son since forever so parting away with the son or even the daughter (in a way lah) could be difficult. Give and take is something crucial for the survivals then.

But then I have few mommy’s boy friends. They are very good man, very sensitive towards lady’s feeling, responsible and someone we can always depends on. But then I’m just a friend aje kan. Who knows the perception might just change if I’m more than just a friend to them. (ehem)

Dia ni asyik ngan mak dia aje. Abih kita ni camne? (hehehe)

We can never really understand stuff like this till we faced it on our own. For the time being, I can just pray and hope for the best.

No comments: