Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Story of my hair

I have not cut my hair for more than a year. What a record! For those who know me for years or have lived with me before would know how much I love short hair. I would never let my hair grow longer than my neck except for some years ago but it’s not for long. Actually I kept it long coz my mom had enough of me with short hair. But as I said it’s not for long coz I just can’t stand long hair. Normally I would cut my hair every 2 month; I had crew cut numerous time ok. I don’t really give much care on hairstyle. As long as my hair is short; I’m happy. It felt lighter and easy to manage too for I shampooed my hair almost every day.

I used to have straight hair but once I hit puberty, the hair changed. I end up having thick, wavy, dry and frizzy hair thus it would look better if it’s short. Plus my tomboyish way makes me opt for boy cut all this while. Mak has been my hairstylist right until my uni time. She used to cut everyone hairs before and she even cut her own hair ok. The ladies still ask Mak to cut their hair while the boys; it would either be Mak or the nearest barber. And because of that, cutting my hair has become something private to me and would prefer a quiet salon where I won’t have to be too conscious of my hair. During uni time I had a friend who can cut hair so I frequented her.

Mak and Abah would tease me for my hair. One day, right after she cut my hair, Mak said “Lepas ni dah tak boleh panggil Kak Ngah dah. Kena panggil Abang Ngah la pulak”. While Abah used to say “ Abah rasa Abah ada 9 je anak lelaki. Kenapa boleh ada 10 pulak ni? While recently during raya, seeing my horrendous looking long hair, my siblings; the guys la of course would teased and laughed at me while Abah said “Ish pergilah buat apa-apa kat rambut tu. Bagi straight ke apa”. Hahaha my family sees me with short hair all this while so it’s a bit funny and weird seeing the different me.

Actually I had short hair right till I went for a short course last year. In that 6 month time, I cut my hair 2 or 3 times. The last time was before I went for outdoor modules. I can’t really remember the time but it was right after raya. And during that 6 month period, I frequented the salon at OU while the one near my house moved to somewhere unknown. When I went to cut my hair right after the course ended, I was frustrated to see that the salon near my house was no longer operated. I like it not because of the cut but because it’s quiet and the hairstylist was quite friendly. Since then I haven’t got time to look for new salon and just let my hair grow a little bit longer.

Until one day, my hairstylist cousin asked me to grow longer hair for she wanted to rebond it. I agreed coz I wanted to see how I’d look like if I have straight hair. If I like it I might just keep it and if I don’t like it, I can just cut it short.

Now that my hair is long enough, I just don’t have time to go to her salon. The problem with long hair is I can’t wash it as much as I want and I have falling hair. I see hair everywhere and when I wash my hair, the amount of hair on my finger was enough to make me bald in 1 year time. Plus I have itchy scalp. Once I woke up at 2.30am just to wash my hair. The scalp was too itchy that I just can’t sleep. And I don’t like having hair at my neck so been tying the hair all the time except when I’m sleeping.

That’s make me rethink about my decision to keep the hair. I’m not intended to keep a long hair forever but I just want to see a different style of my hair. But keeping a long hair cost me a lot; not really in money matters but mostly times (washing, brushing, drying) and keselesaan and kekemasan. So I’ve been thinking…. should I just cut my hair short or should I go for that re-bonding session? Or just try the layered cut first. Seriously it’s hard to decide. Erghh..

1 comment:

swit@kon said...

change is good!
try to rebond your hair. you'll feel a new you tau!i can recommend a salon. murah. makcik aku punya. hahaha