Friday, September 05, 2008

Of merdeka and patriotism

Haven’t posted anything in here for quite a while. Been busy with so many thing plus the internet connection at office was down for a few days. Too many things to write and yet not really in the mood. Nothing wrong just that the big meeting is due again and as usual, paper works, follow-up calls *that will normally rise the anger meter*, datelines bla bla bla.

Let start with Merdeka celebration. For the 1st time, I don’t really feel the celebration mood. Not only me but most of my friend felt the same too. Ministers, politician & certain peoples *who may have some interest* are more focused on the political agenda of BN and PR. The by-election at Permatang Pauh was given the utmost attention, thus the 51st anniversary of our independence was being ignored. As for the normal citizen like me, we’re more focused on the hiking price of everything, money matters, works, losing weight, fashions, artistes and so much more. There’s no more space for patriotism. Pathetic huh.

However, my department joining venture with BTN *Biro Tatanegara*, managed to play the “Hati Malaya” film for everyone *in this ministry of course* on 28th August. Being the working committee, I was so busy running here and there but still managed to slip thru in the auditorium to watch it. I cried sheepishly watching this movie; not only because I was touched with what I watched but because of current situation of our country.

Peoples are fighting for their own interest, money can buy the pride and honour and the worst part, Malaysian hates being Malaysian. I read somewhere in the net, just because Avril Lavigne was rumoured not to be allowed performing in Malaysia, this stupid Malaysia posted “I’m a Malaysian but Malaysia’s sucks” for everyone in the world to read. If he/she can find any other country like Malaysia, then go packed the stuff and get the hell out of here. Malaysian today seems to care less about the country. Do they think what we got today came just by snapping the finger?

Thousands or millions *if we count since the Sultanate of Malacca era* of people died fighting for this country and here we are destroying everything. We love everything that is not made in Malaysia. Malaysia is always not good enough for us. As for me, having such a high patriotism spirit in me is still not enough when choosing to use English as the main medium in this blog. Yup my bad. I’m sorry for using more English than BM here. Not that I hates BM just that I wish to improve my English so please forgive me.

Ok back to my main point. Why does Malaysian today have no patriotism? Or lacked of it? When preparing for the “Hati Malaya” event, I saw some of the staff stepping on the flag with no feelings. Excuse me but that’s our national flag so we should show some respect right. I’m not really good in history subject but still there’s so many heroes that we should remember every time we mention about independence. Yes Tunku Abdul Rahman is the “Bapa Kemerdekaan” but without those who lost their soul fighting for the country, I don’t think Tunku will have the chance to do what he did.

There’re so many unsung heroes that was not mentioned in history text book or any articles. Only leaders are known like Tok Janggut, Dato’ Bahaman, Tok Gajah & Mat Kilau, just to name a few. This leader and their man fought with British. And not forgetting, those who fought with the Portuguese, Holland and Japanese too. These people are the son, husband, father, brother and uncle to Malaysian. Who knows they were our kin. But they never had the opportunities to enjoy what we had today. Without them, I don’t think we can have what we have now and I won’t be writing this blog too.

So, to all heroes who had fought bravely and fearlessly for this country; there’s no word that can describe how grateful I am for all your contribution. Thank you so much. Al-Fatihah and may your soul rest in peace. As for the others, Malaysia is our only place, our only hope for life so love it and let us unite *keep away all sentiment and racism* for the future of our kids. May Allah bless our country with peace & harmony and stability in all aspect. Amin

1 comment:

swit@kon said...

aku pantang orang buat main bendera. jangan kata pijak, mempersendakan pun aku rasa nak lempang orang tu laju2 hihihi

aku terasa bangga kerana rakyat malaysia sanggup keluar jam 7 pagi da congok kat dataran untuk clbrt merdeka....