Monday, September 08, 2008

Hanim

Right before Ramadhan, I went back to Kuantan with Eman & Hanim. Hanim is one of my ex-schoolmate that I still had contact with. Been to so many school thus had too many schoolmate that to keep in contact with each and everyone is deem impossible so for those who are still in my contact list, you’re lucky ok. *read: precious friend to me* She’s in the brilliant class while me in the well … hehehe… *wink wink*. We had our bath, meals, outing and going home to Kuantan together. Back then, I was so weak in my Math subject. It was Hanim who tutored me; while she did the difficult question, she still had time to teach me the basic things. Yup my Math was so bad that I had to start from basic ok.

We separated after form 3. Both of us did our upper secondary at Kuantan but at different school. This time it’s a daily school. Being a brilliant student, she went to a good school in town while I did mine at a school near my home. But we still keep contacting each other. Back then there’s no email nor smsing stuff so we did it via then conventional way; the snail mail. Writing letter was one of my hobbies back then so I wrote tonnes of letter to her. Guess the letters were lost when I moved to the new home.
*Did you still keep mine Hanim?*

Right after SPM, we stopped writing letters. Did my diploma and degree at UiTM Shah Alam while she did her engineering degree at UTM Skudai and we lost contact till we grad. One day, I had nothing to do and I’m bored. And I miss my friend too. So I took the directory book and started looking for her number. Managed to trace her home telephone number and gave her a call. After all this year, yes she was surprised at first but thanks to me and the directory; we are still friend till today.

She’s an engineer now; working with Lotus before joining Proton. She spent all day long with all males colleague and yet she still don’t have boyfriend. So, it’s no surprise for me who works in an area where ladies dominates and couldn’t find anyone that sparks my interest. All the good man are taken while the still available ones, way too young for me. Ok back to her story. She got this new interest; globetrotting. She did it backpacking way and its cheap ok. So far she’s been to South East Asian countries, Taiwan and Korea. If only I can do that too…. But with all my financials commitment now, I think that plan has to be put at ermm maybe the last page at my list of things to do.

And thanks to her career at Proton, she went to do her designing thingy at Korea for 2 month. 2 whole months ok. And I didn’t know about this till recently due to my DPA course. But at least I got some cute key chains. She’s scheduled to go again and this time around, maybe can ask her for some brooch. Hehehe…Don’t have photo’s of her to show but we’re plan to berbuka together again so maybe might post some photo’s later.

At home, I managed to pack tonnes of unused clothes that are still in wearing condition. So if anyone knows where I can give this away, please inform me ok. And Mak bought tonnes of fresh fish, squid and shrimps for me and Eman. Such a good support on my effort to polish my cooking skill. Love you mom!

No comments: