Monday, November 15, 2010

I read an act you....

Still on the cheating issue. Sorry la if it bore you guys but this is really affecting me. Ok I have dig some valuable info to prepare me for this evening. That valuable info comes in the form of an act; Consumer Protection Act 1999. I am serious about this thing it seems. So let see things I pick-up from the act.

Part II : Misleading and deceptive conduct, false representation and unfair practice
Section 10 (1) : No person shall make a false or misleading representation that :-
(a) the goods are of particular kind, standard, quality, grade, quantity, composition, style or model - well this one memang kena la ni, kata 4gb padahal 2gb je
(b) the goods have had a particular history or particular previous use - ni lagi lah, jual phone 2nd hand tapi tak bagitau and siap charge extra lagi.
(f) the goods are new or reconditioned - almost the same with (b)

Part IV : Offences, defences and remedies in relation to Part II and Part III
Section 25 : Contravention of Parts II and Part III to be an offence
(1) any person who contravenes any of the provisions of Part II and Part III commits and offence and shall on conviction be liable :-   
(a) corporate body; fine not exceeding RM250,000 and for 2nd and subsequent offense fine not exceeding RM500,000
(b) non-corporate body; fine not exceeding RM150,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or both and for 2nd and subsequent offence fine not exceeding RM250,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 6 years or both

Part V : Guarantees in respect of supply of goods
Section 34 : Implied guarantee that goods comply with description
(1) where goods supply by description, there shall be implied guarantee that the goods correspond with description - again on the memory card issue
(2) supply of good is not prevented from being a supply by description by reason only that, being exposed for sale or hire, they are selected by consumer - ye walaupun I tak check pun if the memory card is 4gb or not and the phone is new or used but I still have the right. I trust the description given by the seller kan.

Part VI : Rights against suppliers in respect of guarantees in the supply of goods
Section 41 : Options against suppliers where goods do not comply with guarantees
(1) (b) (i) : reject the goods
(1) (b) (ii) : obtain damages in compensation
(2) : In addition to remedies in (1), consumer may obtain from suppler the damages for any loss or damage suffered by consumer which is proved to be a result or consequence of the failure - boleh claim ni my time, minyak semua ni. Hehehe....

Section 46 : Consumer's option of refund or replacement
(1) (a) refund of money paid or other consideration provided by customer - I nak cancel the whole transaction

Ok itu adalah sebahagian yang I sempat baca. Tak sempat la nak study betul-betul kan. So far I rasa I nak bagi the seller 2 option; to cancel the whole transaction and I'll return both the phones and I won't make any report or replace the goods back and I still make the report sebab he cheated in the first place kan. Tengoklah macam mana nanti. Hopefully I akan adalah keberanian tu. Manalah tau dalam keadaan terdesak tetibe jadi berani ke. Insya Allah.

Apa-apa pun sila tunggu esoklah ye. And hopefully sedikit petikan act itu akan dapat membantu kawan-kawan lain or anyone yang singgah di sini. Insya Allah....

No comments: