Thursday, November 04, 2010

Cerita Kedah

As planned earlier, we (the panellist) went to Alor Setar, Kedah for another round of assessment. Left Putrajaya on Monday morning and reached Alor Star around 4pm. The weather was cloudy that it felt like we're still in the morning all the way. This time the topic of discussion while on the road was about food. The best place to eat at every state and some famous dishes. It makes me drooling over aje tau.     

I used to like the view along the PLUS highway to north but it seems that development has taken over all the beautiful view of paddy field. Some has changed into housing areas and some into fish pond.  Acres and acres of what used to be a paddy field are now a pond for ikan kelisa. Tsk.... Easy money huh. In near future, Kedah Negeri Jelapang Padi will become history. Jelapang Padi? What's that?

Anyway, I craved for the famous laksa Teluk Kechai so after checking in and what not, we went to find the famous stall. The verdict; just so-so la. I wonder apalah yang sedap sangat sampai famous sangat tu. The kuah so cair and not like laksa that I used to eat everywhere else. Nevertheless I wallop everything. Lapar ok. Besides laksa, we had satay also. When Kak Nani ordered 60pc everyone macam terkejut je. Takut tak mampu makan nanti.  In the end we finished every single piece of it with yours truly ate 10pc alone. Gila ah. In my defence, the satay was so thin la and thats why can eat 10pc. Kalau satay Haji Samuri 5pc pun dah full gila.

Later my cousin Nina picked me from hotel and off we go to her house; my Pak Teh's (Mak younger bro). I had my dinner there but didn't eat much coz the blisters in my mouth were getting worse. Very painful I tell you. Anyway, I was looking for asam jawa and asam keping so Mak Teh brought me to night market but nothing much of asam keping left so bought 12 pack of asam jawa and some asam keping. Around midnight Pak Teh sent me back to hotel. That night was another sleepless night for me. Duh! Envy those who can just sleep everywhere.   

Tuesday morning after breakfast we went to do our job until lunch time. One of the best thing about going to our agency is their hospitality especially on serving foods. Memang terbaik dari ladanglah. We had our lunch at one of the best restaurant there. (Kylnn; it was kedai dalam hutan ok). I had so much food that my tummy felt so stretch out. Before going back we stop by at Pekan Rabu first. I bought some ikan pekasam, asam keping, pulut hitam, gula gerek and few other stuff. Gigih memborong ok.

The journey back was better than the day before. Thanks to the great weather. Since everyone had full tummy, gerak je kereta semua pun dozed off. Tinggallah driver drive sensorang. Hehehe..... Stop by at Tapah for a short break and reached home around 7.30pm. Alhamdulillah.....

As for today, I'm going back to Kuantan until Sunday. Monday will travel to Kelantan, Tuesday to Terengganu and will come back on Wednesday. Amik nak.... berjalan aje. Fuh! And then another week will travel to Kuantan again for raya haji. November is my bulan jalan-jalan satu Malaya. Hehehe....

Tsk... what a boring story without photos.....

No comments: