Friday, July 04, 2008

My dad

Suddenly I miss my dad tremendously. To think back the things that we did together last weekend; I had so much fun but a bit sad when they have to go back to Kuantan. I wish my parents can stay with me here. Maybe because I have so many thing to talk about my work and yet there’s no one to listen to me. My dad would always listen to my grumblings about work back then.

I will not be here if it’s not because of my dad. He’s the one who kept reminding me to fill up the online application, drove me all the way to my exam centre and Kemaman for my PAC (twice ok), to Kluang for my PTD Unggul and also to Putrajaya. He’s so proud when I got the offer letter that he told all his friends about it. Hehehe….

For 3 years he picked me up everyday after work. Depends on my shift, it can be as late as 12.30am. Normally it’ll be around 10.30pm to 11.30pm. Sometimes he’s a little bit late and I would be pissed off. Oh how I regret that. I wish I can just turn back times and treated him nicely. We would go for late supper then; thus being the reason I put on weight. Blame it on my working schedule then. Such a lame excuse again.

I enjoyed the time we spend together during the trip home. We would discuss about anything and everything. Mind you, he’s a good advisor. I can tell him about the problem that I faced at work and he would tell me what to do and what not to do and how to deal with difficult people. And we can talk about politics forever.

We would try different places for our late supper. Hmmm to think back about that, I’m the one that should be blame for his diabetes. Oh my God, what have I done? If only I can ask one thing, I would want my dad to be healthy again. As healthy as when he was young and active with all kind of sport. My dad is and avid sportsman. He can play any game, errr besides golf of course. We used to have so many trophies back then. Football, hockey, volleyball, takraw and even tennis. Unfortunately, no one follow his footstep.

My dad came from a remote village, somewhere in Lenggong, Perak. I love listening to his childhood stories. He loves river; me too and all my siblings too. We would drag him to every river that he knew just to have a dip there.

He’s a GREAT DAD. He cooks, he sends us everywhere, he picks us home after shopping here and there, cleans the house, does the laundries and even lipat kain ok. He got green hands thus everything that he plant, grows well. Fruits, veges, flowers and orchids too. He’s Jack of all trade. He repairs our bicycles, he made stuff from wood, plumbing everything la. I LOVE MY DAD SOOO MUCH. There’s no one that I know so far, can at least be as little as 10% of my dad. He’s not one in a million; he’s the only one ok. My mom still working thus my dad become the house manager a.k.a SUPERDAD since he retired..

I can talk forever about my dad. I love my mom too ok; just that I suddenly miss my dad before performing my Zohor prayer so decided to write something about him. I did so many things against my dad that I regretted now. I wish I can turn back time and changed all that. Now, I'm trying to be a good daughter to my dad. I've started to kiss my dad's cheek again lately. I used to do that years before and then we had a big fight. Maybe I'm too young to understand the problems faced my parents back then. So I stopped kissing him. What a bad daughter I am.

Abah, please forgive me. I know there's nothing I do can repay back your kindness to us. I pray for you everyday. I pray for Allah to grant you a strong and healthy body. I never say this to you but I want you to know that I LOVE YOU.

waaa... rasa nak nangis laaa.....

1 comment:

didi said...

Its great to hear about your dad.

As you know, my dad is a completely different picture. The only nice thing I can say about him is that he's an example of a person I dont ever want to be. Because of his ignorance, I am more independant and fiercely protective of my family.

Its sad but hey, it could be worse.