Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Tiramisu

So our last project for the day was tiramisu. Ever since my first tiramisu was a success, I have never bake a cheese cake anymore. Tiramisu is way easier than baking a cheese cake. Tup tap tup tap and it's done. And I made it countless times already. It got good reviews too. I made one for Mastura's potluck before so she wanted to do it again for buka puasa with her family that evening. Can't remember where I got the recipe but definitely in the cyber world la. 

The ingredients.  Plus coffee which is not in the picture
Ingredients :

1 pack sponge finger - I use the one in above pic
500g cream cheese
500ml cream (thickened/whipped doesn't really matter)
250g castor sugar
Thick plain black coffee or chocolate
Cocoa powder 

Just make sure everything is ready
Pour the cream
Beat until set
Put it aside
Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
Add in the cream
Fold it until smooth
Spread a layer of cream and cheese mixture on a clear bowl
Arrange the sponge fingers
Pour plain black coffee (or chocolate) on it
Make sure you cover everything
Cover it with another layer of cream and cheese mixture and repeat the whole process again 
Make sure you end it with the cream and cheese mixture 
Chilled it at least 4 hours before serving and sprinkle cocoa powder on top before serving
Mmmmmm yummyyy....
After the hard work, not only I'm exhausted but also my hand mixer almost gone kaput already. Got some burnt smell. Make me worries sick. I still have many more project in coming weekend and I can't afford to get a new one at the moment. That hand mixer is a birthday gift from Jannah and like my car, we went through so much. From someone who never bake a single cake at 30 years of age, I became an expert  among my siblings. Hahaha.... Among siblings je lah kan. Takkan poyo nak kata sedunia plak. Hehehe... Actually not that expert la but at least I've got few cakes/desert that families and friends really like. Thanks to my sifu Puan K for everything. Baking with me can be stressful sometimes. I know.... Hahaha.....

Our hard work 
3 and a half jars of oatmeal raisin cookies (approximately 230 pc) 
3 jars of choc chip cookies (approximately 290 pc)
Macam nak meniaga. Hehehe.....
By the time everything was done, I was so exhausted that I can see the fatigue on my face. The eye lids felt so heavy. Hehehe...... Preparing and  mixing the ingredients and making the cookies out of a dough is fun. It's the baking and cleaning part that is not fun. Penattttt......

I have few more recipe to try. Let see which will be the chosen one. Till next baking session.....

No comments: