Monday, August 13, 2012

Another thing I want for my baking adventures

While making the Cappuccino cookies, I discover one thing; a difficulty in maintaining the same thickness of a rolled dough. Novice like me memang tak biasa ok so memang tak boleh nak agak how thick the dough should be. Main belasah je. At first memang susah tapi lama-lama ok but still tak sama the thickness. My cookies memang nipis-nipis aje. And instead of using rolling pin, I guna jari aje sebab bila guna rolling pin the dough macam cracking. Kalau guna jari boleh agak berapa kuat tekanan tu kan. Tapi bercinta la ok nak buat bila guna jari. Lamaaa......

Because of that difficulty, I teringat a device I saw in Martha Steward show. Rolling pin spacer rings. Spacer rings ni came in few thickness size so can choose nak how thick and all the rolled dough will maintain that same thick. Memang senang bangat seh. Pasang pin, rolled the dough and cut the cookies. Rolled another dough and cut cookies. Macam I semalam rolled the dough, cut the cookies and alamak nipis sangat la pulak. Ok buat balik. It happen quite a few times. Although tak tau la bila lagi I nak buat cookies yang kena guna cookie cutter ni tapi I tak kira, I nak beli jugak benda alah ni. 

Rolling pin spacer rings. Colourful so lagi la membangkitkan semangat nak beli
How to use it
Bila mengadu kat Puan K, she said kenapa tak susunkan 2 buku yang sama tebal at each end so that boleh dapat the same thickness. Aah kan. How come I never thought about that eh. Selalu ada je idea-idea creative ni tapi semalam memang a bit sengal. Or instead of books, can also do it like this can.

Using a craft stick / tongue depressor
Susun la ikut barapa tebal kita nak the dough to be
So ok la if I can't buy that spacer rings yet, I can opt for that stick. I know kat Guardian ada jual so lepas ni kita beli that stick je lah dulu. But if I could get that colourful spacer rings, I'll be much happier. Hehehe....

No comments: