Monday, August 13, 2012

Second week of baking

We were supposed to bake together again this weekend but Mastura bailed out due to some other commitment. So it's up to me to bake or not to bake. Of course I have to since I got all the ingredients ready. On Saturday I bake Cowboy cookies. My third time of baking this cookies but I don't think the taste is the same though. The first one is always the best. Maybe I should ask Puan K to measure all the ingredients for me since that is what happened on the first time. I got the measured ingredients in a jar as a birthday gift. You can refer here to see my how I did it before and took the recipe here. Thanks Bakerella for sharing.

I did this since last week
I doubled the ingredients so altogether I got 284 pc of cookies of different size from 9 batch of baking. Again, baking is always the hardest part of making a cookies. Especially when I have to walk from the dining hall to the kitchen and vise versa. Ok it's not that far (just a few step anyway) but if you walk to and fro for hundreds of time a day, that would total up to a few kilometers I guess. Maybe I should wear my pedometer every time I bake cookies. Yeah I know.... mengada sangat kan..... Hehehe.....

By the time I'm done with Cowboy cookies, I barely have energy to walk. So had to scrap the plan to bake another cookies that afternoon. On Sunday, I bake Cappuccino cookies. Took the recipe here. I mix a batch and mix a second batch later. Normally I would just double the ingredients but I learnt my lesson already. Do not let the mixer work so hard plus this is my first time of baking this cookies so have to try first before deciding to do more or not.      

The ingredients
Measured ingredients. So simple and basic
Instant cappuccino 

Coffee oil to add more flavor
Whisk the butter and sugar
Add instant cappuccino
Add egg yolk and coffee oil
Add flour
Cut with cookie cutter. Please excuse my workmanship...
Mmmmmm nice smell
Arrange all the cookies
Pipe melted chocolate. 1st try
Again, please excuse my workmanship. Comot gile
2nd try. Better than the 1st one but still need improvement
Hasil penat lelah
Oatmeal raisin (only 2 jars left from 3 and half)
Cappuccino cookies
Cowboy cookies
After all the hardwork, I guess I had fun in baking those cookies. Things would be much easier if I have big oven like Mak or the sisters help. We plan to make honey cornflakes just before raya. You cannot make that one earlier or you risk not seing any of it on raya. Plus cakes. Every year Jannah will make orange cake for Abah and chocolate cake too. Last year I even made cheese cake. A few batch and each got pleasant response. Gone within few hours. So might as well bake cheese again this year. Or tiramisu. Or muffins. Hoih banyaknya nak buatttt.....

Can't wait to go home for raya already..... By the way, the recipe as follow. Thanks Kak Rima for sharing the recipe. 

Cappucino Cookies 

Ingredients:
250g flour
165g margarine - I used half Anchor butter and half Buttercup
100g caster sugar
1 sachet instant cappuccino (25 gram) - I used 30g just like Kak Rima
1 egg yolk
1 tsp coffee oil/extract -

Topping
25g white cooking chocolate - melted (I omit this)
25g dark cooking chocolate - melted (I use more to replace the white choc)

Method
Preheat oven 160 deg C
Whisk butter and sugar for abt 2 mins.
Add in cappuccino mix and continue to whisk for another min or till combined
Add in egg yolk and mix well
Add in Flour
Roll ur dough and cut it using any cookie cutter that you like.
Place cut out cookie on a greased pan
Bake it for abt 20 mins
Once cooled, pipe melted chocolate on it, let it set and place cookie in an air tight container..

Ingredients
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & levelled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup M&M
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans ( I use almond nib)
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Method
Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.
Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

No comments: