Monday, April 05, 2010

Kuching Trip - Day 1

It’s already two month since my trip to Kuching but I just don’t have time to update about it before. So here it goes the way too basi story. Hahaha.... I booked the ticket last June and imagine, return ticket to Kuching plus meals for 3 only cost us RM310 only. And to make it more worth it, Mak yang belanja with no lodging cost at all. Hehehe….

Mak and Siti came by bus on Thursday and our flight to Kuching was on early Friday morning. I drove to LCCT and Bang Long drove the car back. Boleh tak flight delay coz one of the aircrew met with an accident. Macam-macam hal. Anyway, please do not order chicken ham sandwich on board coz it was way too salty. Or maybe it was just me kot. For her friend in Kuching, Mak brought sebeban keropok ok. Nasib baik ringan aje keropok tu. Kalau tak tak pasal kena bayar.

Touchdown around 10am something and we have to wait for quite some time before being picked up. One thing about my mom is that she didn’t have plan A, plan B or plan C. She would make one plan and just wait until the very last minute where she realized nah that can’t do. Ok now think about plan B pulak. I was so pissed off tapi kang lelebih jadi anak derhaka kan. But I think I memang banyak menderhaka pun masa kat sana. Keji kan I ni. All because Mak’s too laid back personality where else I ni jenis terlalu detail. Semua nak kena plan and confirm and all. So memang banyak kena bersabar banyak la. Camnalah nak pegi haji sekali kalau camni. Asyik nak naik angin je ni.

Last-last Along yang amik. Along ni anak Cik Ramlah, our first domestic helper masa kat Kuching dulu. We used to play together back then. Sekarang masing-masing dah besar in fact dia dah kawin and anak sorang pun. He was busy with his new restaurant but still got time to pick us up. Mucho gusto gracias. From airport we went straight to Cik Ramlah’s house at Petrajaya.

Along the way tu I was ooohhh and aaaahhh and wow and all coz the Kuching town I used to know and the Kuching town I see now was very different. Dah ada fly over and banyak bangunan tinggi. Nampak traffic light pun I dah macam jakun coz dulu tak de pun traffic light ni, roundabout aje yang banyak. I really wish Abah can follow us too tapi apakan daya, nanti sapa nak jaga rumah tu kan.

That evening, I was forced to drive a Proton Wira around Kuching town. Although it was an auto car, it was big and I manalah tau selok-belok jalan kat Kuching town tu kan. So Along drove us to LHDN building and I just follow him. Langsung tak tengok kiri kanan coz gabra dengan kereta yang besar itu. Sampai sana, kami disambut bak celebrity ok. Meriah sangat. I and Siti malu-malu kucing ok sebab terjerit-jerit diorang tengok Mak datang. Macam tak percaya kan. Tak de angin tak de ribut tetiba terpacak aje Kak Bedah diorang ni kat depan mata. Oh diorang tak panggil Kak Bedot tapi Kak Bed. Wah glam sangat. Banyak tingkat yang kitorang singgah. Ada satu tingkat tu siap dah tunggu depan lif. Buka je pintu lif terus aaaahhhh Kak Bedah…. Kak Bedah…. Pergh memang feeling celebrity sangat. Tingkat terakhir ialah tingkat atas sekali. Jumpa pengarah negeri ok. He was Mak’s ex-boss masa kat Kuantan dulu so sajelah nak jumpa kan.

Masa berborak with that Mr. Pengarah Negeri, we told him that we don’t know how to drive back. Lawak gila ok. So he asked his PA to help us. Alhamdulillah his PA, Kak Liza stay nearby Petrajaya so mudah keje kami. Balik tu I follow her car aje. One thing we learnt about Kak Liza ni ialah she had part time job as tourist guide. Every weekend memang she’s busy driving tourist here and there. So sape-sape nak ke Kuching and don’t know where to go, silalah bagitau and I’ll be happy to give her number. And don’t worry; she’s very very friendly ok.

That night again I kind of pissed off because Mak can’t make out her mind on the plan for tomorrow. I kept bombarded her with question aje. Sure she bengang gila dengan anak sorang ni kan. Tertekan jiwa dan raga. Hehehe…. Finally I took charge. Amik her phone and smsed with her friend. Alhamdulillah before sleep that night, dah settle plan for tomorrow tu. Bukan apa, ada beberapa offer so kenalah pilih nak join yang mana and kenalah maklum jugak kat orang yang kita decline tu so that diorang tak tertunggu-tunggu, tak gitu? Tak naklah tunggu esok baru nak buat keputusan coz by that time takut nanti yang dikejar yang tak dapat, yang dikendong berciciran pulak. Oh that night tak boleh tido coz berubah tempat and kena serangan nyamuk tanpa henti. I hate you nyamuk!

No comments: