Monday, March 17, 2008

Team building & balik umah

Been so busy lately and there’s so many things going on, not only to me but also to my beloved country. There’s a big changes and it affect all Malaysian in general. Let start with the team building course which i mentioned before. 25 of us, the participant went to Excel Training Resort, located at an isolated place somewhere in Broga, Lenggeng. The journey was quite challenging especially during the last few miles. I was so scared the buses will ‘terbalik’. The road was so small, with such a big stone at one side and a deep ravine at the other side. Luckily we have an expert, Abang Khairil as our pilot. The views at ETR are so calming, green all over with nice hills. It brings peacefulness into my mind. My new roomies is Kak Liza, the PA at PUU office. We were divided into 4 groups, Hijau, Sekongkol, 6th Sense and Spadu. Together with me in Hijau team are Hafiz UKT, Edwin PRO, Sal KEW, Kak Nap PSM and Mai from Minister Office. Hijau oozes high aura of team spirit that we won all the outdoors challenges. Having Kak Nap, the heaviest and oldest lady as our team member was such a bonus because of her positive attitude. Go Hijau Go! Go Hijau Go! Hiiijaau…. I had so much fun but my ankle did not plus my menstrual attack on the last day. Luckily I have pain killer as my savior. We reach Putrajaya at 4 pm. I did nothing much of unpacking coz I'm heading back home to Kuantan. With my big haversack, a cargo pants and sneakers, I do look like someone going for backpacking. Hahaha…



I went to Teluk Chempedak beach with Mira (my 2 year old niece) and my younger brothers, Ayum, Dik Man and Taha on Friday. Mira was having so much fun. She loves water I think. It’ll be more fun if Adah (my other niece) can join us. Why I always forget to bring my camera when I need it the most. Having N95 might solve this prob. Time to change for new phone? Not so soon Eny! Saturday was the big day. Polling day for all Malaysian. Time for all of us to speak. I went with Abah coz Mak was in charged as a voting clerk. Later that afternoon I went out with Ijah and Nurul, my former colleague in Guardian. We went shopping and both of them managed to persuade me in buying a skirt. It’s a long one but with a feminine touch over it. Me wearing a feminine skirt? It seems that the older I get, the easier it takes for people to persuade me especially in changing the way I dress. Back then it was not that easy for me buying all this stuff. I’m more into t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. This is a 2nd time my shopping partner managed to ‘force’ me buying a skirt. 1st one was Yus and Nurul, my colleague now but then it was a denim skirt. Time change, people change so does preference and taste…. We went to Swiss Garden for high tea. Wah so much like ‘orang kaya’ but hey it’s once in a blue moon. We had so much fun, talking nonstop. So many things to catch up especially after 1 year l left them to pursue new career in Putrajaya and not having time to hang out like we used to. I miss having them around me but life goes on with more new friend come into the list.


That night Abah and Eman (my other younger bro) and me waited the polling result till early morning. The tribe (Malaysian) has spoken. They want a change. No one has ever anticipated that BN will lose in 4 states and BN Kelantan was defeated so badly. The opponent party I bet was so surprised that they can win and just imagine the entire well develop state fall into their hand except for Johor. Penang, Perak, Kedah and guess what, Selangor too. It’s a wakeup call for all of us. It’s about time for the government to listen to what the citizen want and not just do what the politicians want. After all, it’s our votes that will ensure their survival. Malays should be united. The Chinese and Indian have shown that they are united more than back then so if we fail to follow their footstep, I bet sooner or later Malays will be like Palestinian. Our country, our land, our heritage, everything will be gone. When I talk about this, my patriotism spirit kind of oozes from every pores. Malaysia with all its flaws still my homeland and I haven’t explored it yet and I’m not letting anyone ruined my country. Yeah vote for me on the next election. Hahaha… Maybe one fine day I can contribute an article about this. Need to improve my writing skill first lol. Ops better stop now. (my desk are full with papers and files) Need to focus more on work. Chow…

No comments: