Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aglio olio that can kill

Apis had an interview yesterday where he went to met Bang Long right after and later both came to my place. They were waiting already when I reached home. Seeing my brief smile, Bang Long said; “Eh kenapa gigi ko berkilat?” Smile wider then he notices the braces.

I was preparing the ingredients to cook spaghetti bolognese when Bang Long came to the kitchen. Learning that I’m cooking spaghetti bolognese, he asked me to put back some of the ingredients because he want to cook something special. Spaghetti based too. Bang Long loves to cook but he don’t cook the normal masak lemak, masak kari or asam pedas but more to Chinese dishes (his girlfriend is Chinese) or other non-Malay dishes. I guess it run in the family; everyone can cook very well, err except me of course. Since there nothing much at home, we went to pasar malam. Luckily it was Tuesday yesterday.

Bought some vege’s and lots of prawns. When he asked about the chilli flakes, I knew then that he’s cooking aglio olio. Called Eman and invites him to join in for dinner. Went home and get busy preparing. Bang Long do most of the work, I just help cutting the vege’s and the prawns.

The finish product looks tempting but it’s too hot. Pedih-pedih mulut ni makan tau. In between munching and sipping drinks to reduce the hotness, managed to complaint lagi tu; “Ni boleh mati kepedasan ni”. Hahaha…

Eman came by the time we almost finish ours (everyone had 2 big helping each including me despite my non-stop whining pedas…pedas….pedas…). While Eman ate his dinner, we continue with rambutan pulak. Eman not feeling very well though; kesan from the Ijtimak event he joined last weekend, kene berjemur tengah panas etc. As usual when we met, macam-macam benda keluar. All the funny stuff. We planned to go home together next week but we’ll see how la coz Bang Long work schedule is a bit odd. They left around 10pm.

The chef

The product

See that large portion? Siap bertambah ok

Finished ours, teman Eman pulak and listening to his story on the Ijtimak event he went last weekend

No comments: